You are here

Spring Break

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I feel so bad for everyone here who may be stuck with the spawns being out of school for a week! Thankfully, HHB still thinks I'm so much of a b***h she won't come near my house! On a positive note, BS20 is home for the week. He brought one of his friends with him...yup, bought half the grocery store this morning! I spent all day on the road yesterday to go get them, but it was a blast! Having fun introducing the kid to Texas...he's never been here! Poor guy...the boys took him snipe hunting last night. Wink

Feeling very fortunate to not have HHB this break! Wonder what kind of trouble she will get into this week! I'm pretty sure she will be at emo girlfriend's all week, with BM not having clue!

Disneyfan's picture

Our spring break is during Easter. I'm heading to Disney World with my sister's family. Pretty excited.

My nieces 16, 9 and nephew 8 have no idea that we are going. They have been giving their older bother(17) a hard time because going down with his school.

Nice!

hereiam's picture

We never had my SD for spring break, summer break, or winter break. We just had EOWE all year 'round. I was very blessed.

Funny thing...some of these spawns talk about how hard their lives are, and use it as an excuse for their behavior! They have no idea what hard is! I was thinking about this today...I've mentioned on here how hard HHB thinks her life has been...getting nearly anything she wanted and having BM and DH falling over themselves her whole life to win her affections! My bios had their father abandon them after going through part of their childhood watching me be beaten by the man! My husband adopted both of them.

Then, there is this poor kid BS20 brought home with him for break! Yeah...he isn't poor in spirit, I just feel bad what he had to go through! He never really knew his dad...parents split when he was real young. It was another case of a wife beater, and his mom got them out of there! His dad ended up killing someone, and has been in prison most of his life. His mom raised him by herself, working her butt off to make ends meet. She worked so much, she couldn't go to her son's football games, so he never had that feeling my son had of making a big play, and looking up in the stands to see mom cheering. One thing his mom was sure to do was "raise" her son! She wasn't about to have him turning out like his father or the other punks in his neighborhood! She made sure he was respectful (which has been very obvious in the time he has spent with us so far...even opened the door for me when we stopped to eat), that he did his school work, and that he kept his nose clean! Like my son, he is now in college getting an education to get his butt out of the hood!

Oh, but these spoiled skids of ours think they have it so freakin' hard, and we are supposed to excuse their bratty behavior as a result!

Rags's picture

Spring break was the Sperm Idiots time. We never had the Skid for Spring break. Not even once. That was fine since my bride is a CPA and Spring break falls in the middle of Tax Season.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Since SD19 took it upon herself to adopt a living creature, aka the hedgehog, she is not in my home for spring break. The dorms closed last night for the week, so she is probably with her boyF at school (he has an apt) or has driven 2 hours with boyF to his parents house. Hedgehog in tow, most definitely.

SD19 was content to sit on her ass in my house for 10 days and not work. DH never asked me "How will she work?" when I said the hedgehog wasn't coming into this zip code. I even asked him Thursday night again to make sure. I told him I didn't need that right now.

Now I have to figure out if I want to see her for Easter, and then what to do about summer time.

Lol...if the hedgehog came here, it would probably have to "find a way out of its cage and run out the front door"! Oops!

BS20's old job is already calling him trying to get him back! They called him a couple of weeks ago asking if he could come back for spring season. He had to remind them he was still out of state at school! The next thing out of the bosses mouth, "So, interested in coming back for summer?" Just goes to show...you bust your tail and have good work ethic, people call you to work! Kid already has work for summer, and it's still a couple months out!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Just found out from DH that SD19 is about 4 hours away with a sorority sister for break. Hedgehog in tow. Seems that BoyF didn't want her at his apartment when he went home for break. SD19 being on vacation means she will spend more money while not making any. Funds are dwindling.

SD13 on the other hand, asked when spring break was for her? I lied and told her she only got Good Friday off this year because of all of the snow. DH believes me, too, bec he has no idea what's going on. }:) }:) He's traveling for work again next week. He was content to leave me here with 5 dogs, 2 SDs and a hedgehog for a few days during the week? What an idiot.

~ Moon

Bwahahahahahaha! That is just at too funny...you're not getting a spring break cause all the snow...I could just see the look on her face!

Ha...boyfriend doesn't want SD19 at his apartment? Me thinks there be something fishy going on there! LOL....has other girls on the side and afraid she will find something? Wouldn't that be hilarious? Of course, that would also mean her whining to daddy, and him trying to convince you to allow the hedgehog because she is heartbroken! Yeah...that would be bad! We'll just leave it he doesn't want his apartment smelling like hedgehog pee.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

BoyF has a stepdad who got him a well-paying internship. I'm sure BoyF is expected to work during spring break because his parents have set boundaries for him. SD19 has no boundaries from DH. I know he probably told her no hedgehog for spring break but summer would be fine. I am sure that SD19 is just planning on waltzing in here in mid-May with the hedgehog, for the summer.

Worst thing is, DH has her back. I know he does. They are just doing this one week thing to pacify me in the meantime. Summer will be much worse.

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I have been reading my post over and over, I have to bring it up with DH because it isn't resolved. DH kept showing me pics of SD19 in NYC yesterday with her gf. He said, "Here she is at Grand Central Station." I said, "Hmmm is the hedgehog at Grand Central, too?" He keeps showing me pictures and I want to throw his cell across the room.

I was looking at apartments for the summer last night. I think I'll just have to tell him to move back to his TH for the summer. It's walking distance from our home. Kick the renters out when the lease ends May 31st. He'll shit himself if I suggest that.

~ Moon

Calypso1977's picture

here, we have vacation weeks in february and april.

we are supposed to have SD14 April but never do as she "refuses" and of course BM makes sure she has the whole week off (for her, that's only taking 3 days off, 2 of which are Saturday and Sunday) so that she can tempt her with fun activities and trips to make it more enticing for her to "refuse" to come for break.

no skin off my butt. Fiance saves his vacation time and i can enjoy my home. Its a win-win.

I am trying's picture

I'm on spring break right now. DH and I live 2 hrs away from SD15 and last year she didn't come because of too much homework or something but she's here now and I'm a teacher so I'm off all week but DH has to work so it's just me and her stuck in the house all day together. The tension is awful...argh...

I so can relate! Before HHB moved out, it was like that every day. I work from home...she would get here around 4 p.m. and DH wouldn't get home until 6 p.m. Just the sound of her key in the lock (when she remembered it) was enough to send all the muscles in my neck tensing up! I would eat my dinner around 3:30 p.m., so that I could eat and get my dishes washed before she got home, so that I could hid out in my office until I left for the gym and not see her! School breaks were the worst...DH wouldn't find some place for her to be, so all day I'm in my office, and I can here her in the kitchen rummaging around every 30 minutes looking for junk food that wasn't there! She would park her back side on my couch in front of my TV all day if I didn't hide the remote, and I hated leaving my office because she was out there.

You shouldn't have to live like that! Like I am telling DH these days...IF HHB comes for a visit in the future, he better make sure he has days off, because I will NOT be stuck alone here with her...especially after all of her lying!