You are here

October is still a long way away!

ETexasMom's picture

Would someone please explain to my MSD that October is still months away!!! And I am not at all worried about her shower and making everything she wants! In fact I am actively look for ways to avoid it!

She was bringing it up again today :/ Yes we know your pregnant with the second coming of Christ. Yes we know your shower is in October. No I won't have time to crochet you every blanket and toy you can find.

End of rant!!!!

sammigirl's picture

Just ignore and nod your head. Don't answer her calls more than once a week. She is obviously excited and wants everyone to feel the same.

It will all pass. Take yourself away from it as much as possible and focus on your life.

With that said, this is just the beginning, I'm guessing. If you don't want to hear or see it, disengage slowly, until you don't have to hear or see it.

It's up to you, how much you put up with.

I no longer have the tolerance for the drama, myself. My SD and SGD used to think if they mentioned wanting something, we would just pop up with it. I just ignored them, said nothing, and did not make things, buy things; thus I gave gifts less and less and now I give none. DH takes care of that; he doesn't shop, so they get very little, as adults, they should be giving back to their parents.

sandye21's picture

I can understand how frustrating this is - SD is not letting up and is attempting to place you is a bad spot. She wants to be able to eventually say to Daddy, "See, I was right about ETexas, she doesn't like me and is unfair." I would be very evasive with her the next time she phones (maybe you are expecting another call) and tell her to talk to her Dad about it.