You are here

I don't trust her

ETexasMom's picture

I posted an update of MSD's attitude during Dh's birthday but didn't post what happened the next day. OSD wasn't able to attend Dh's party so she brought the SGKs over the next day to visit. Totally opposite visit then her sister. She came in super nice hugged everyone (some of my adult kids had spent the night) and had a really good visit. We ate lunch and sat around and talked in the backyard while DH played with the grandkids. Really nice visit completely opposite then MSD. OSD and I have had our differences but she has matured alot and is very pleasant when MSD isn't around poising everything.

Well later that night I get a friend request on Facebook from MSD now Sad I really didn't want to accept it but I know if I don't she will use it as one more then to throw a fit about so I went ahead and accepted. Now she is obsessively liking everything! I don't trust her. I don't think she's trying to be nice. I think she's freaking out that she got ignored when throwing a hissy fit and that her sister then came over and had a nice visit. I would love to think that she is waking up and realizing her attitude is the issue but I bet it's more likely she is panicking because she was in charge and front and center at Dh's party.

I wish she would grow up but my attitude towards the behavior is changing. I don't care anymore if she likes me or not. Not my job to try to make her happy. Dh will love and support me no matter how she acts. We're finally on the same page with the steps and since now when they act stupid I let him handle it he's really opened his eyes.

ESMOD's picture

TBH, I would have just let that request linger out there. If questioned on it.. I would have said. Oh.. I really don't post on FB much. I would also have my content locked down to only friends.

Maxwell09's picture

She is probably trying to make it seem like "she" isn't the one with the problem. I would also recommend you put her on a restricted list like another poster suggested.

SacrificialLamb's picture

I did defriend OSD a few years ago and of course she played victim. But she defriended me in real life. So I don't care. And I am not missing anything but vapor.

CANYOUHELP's picture

After I was reading comments written ABOUT ME from them, I blocked them.... They still stalk me but it makes it a little harder at least. You do not need to let anybody jealous of you know anything about you, I think. It just incites the mess and creates more social chaos.

Raggles's picture

Unfriend her...you dont need that kind of intrusion.
so what if she doesnt like it or complains to Dh.
Your fb your decision who you are friends with.

I am not friends with any of my sd
I have blocked the 2 eldest, but would happily be friends with the 2 youngest if they asked.
I would however unfriend if needed.
I value my privacy.

still learning's picture

"when they act stupid I let him handle it he's really opened his eyes."

Disengagment success story, so great to hear!

sammigirl's picture

You can "unfollow" her. I would not have befriended her to begin with, but you have, so just "unfollow" her and you will see none of her posts. She can see yours and "comment" and "like" all she wants, but you will never know and thus you won't know what she "likes" or "posts". She will never know that you "unfollow" her. Don't tell anyone, just do it.

8 years ago I blocked my SD58 and SGD31 from all my social media, due to a 2 page hate email from SD58. It caused so much grief, but I'm glad I did. If I had it to do over, I would just "unfollow" on FB and still get the same results. I only "post" positive on FB anyway, so I don't care that they read my FB; I just got tired of the nasty remarks and posts on their end.

"unfollow", you'll never see them, unless you peek (re-follow them). Don't peek.

If my SD or SGD (mother/daughter) try to "friend" me ever again, I will ignore it; I am not going backwards with these two women. They are dead to me and no longer a part of my life.