You are here

Ready to scream! SS wants the “heat” turned on today and making a stink. Help!

Janemakey13's picture

Is there ANYTHING this brat is NOT a pain in the ass about! Read my other posts to get an idea of what I'm dealing with.

Ok first we have had multiple days in the 90s so the central air has been on. We keep it set at 75. 

Apparently this is TO HOT for Princess boy and wanted DH to turn on the heat! Thank god I over heard this BS as Disney daddy jumped right up to turn the air off. Remember is 90 plus out! I shot DH a look like are you crazy and told SS to put on a sweatshirt if he was cold because DH and I were fine with the current temperature. Of course I got a pissy attitude from SS saying he was NOT putting a sweatshirt on and wined to DH he was "cold". Now when I complain in the winter when DH has the heat turned down to 64 during the day and I'm cold DH tells me to put on a hat but god forbid he tells SS this! 

I know DH AND step brat. I'm sure when I'm not looking both of them will be messing with the central air to get it to SS's liking. 

nappisan's picture

when the kid is paying the bills , then he can have the temp at what he wants ,, until then ,,,, keep your sticky hands OFF!!!!

SteppedOut's picture

Wimpy boy would freeze to a block of ice in my house, temp is at 68. 

Perhaps if he was cold he should have *gasp* gone outside! 

ITB2012's picture

If it's warmer outside why couldn't he go outside?

ITB2012's picture

I was thinking of treating him like a regular child. 

NJCSM's picture

I'm serious if he wants the AC turned up so it's warmer in the house-make him pay a fee.

my kids complaint it's too cold (it's at 70) I say "pay me to adjust it or put more clothes on"

Harry's picture

You are letting SS control your house ??    When he grows up buys his own home, pays his own bills. He can set the temperature where ever he likes it.  Now if he doesn't like it. He can go outside and get all the heat he wants 

Dave02Dad's picture

Get a thermostat with a passcode and discussion is over.  Plus tell DH switching unit from AC to heat and back to AC can damage the unit. You should always wait until as late as possible to switch unit over to heat. Ask any HVAC person.  A jacket is much cheaper than a $6-$8K AC unit. 

tog redux's picture

Where I live, in certain seasons, we need heat in the morning and AC by evening.

Winterglow's picture

Ours has the possibility of setting a temperature and then it automatically does the necessary to keep that, whether by heating or cooling. 

justmakingthebest's picture

He would die in my perimenopausal house! If anyone dares to turn it warmer than 68 in the day and 65 at night I will hurt them! LMAO! 

DH doesn't even dare touch it.

tog redux's picture

68? I'd be whining like the OP's skid.  We keep it at 75 during the day and 73 at night.  And I run hot!

justmakingthebest's picture

That dang hysterectomy messed me all up. Prior I was like 72-74 and down to 70 to sleep. I freeze everyone out in my office too! LOL my poor receptionist keeps a space heater under her desk! 

tog redux's picture

Yeah - menopause gave me cold flashes, not hot flashes, since I always ran hot anyway.  So I had the opposite problem for a while, I was snuggling up to DH at night to get warm.

The inner thermostat does settle down after a while.

SeeYouNever's picture

Omg this reminds me of my in laws who will make a fire in our fireplace then open the windows, all while the heat is running.

We've both lost it on them but we still have to go behind them closing windows that they had to open and let out the heat/ac. 

I say if you're hot or cold change your damn clothes! My in laws will be barefoot and complain about being cold. Put on socks and a sweater!

Rags's picture

Both DH and his POS brat spawn need to learn the word NO!.  Get a smart thermostat, lock them out and have access only on  your smart phone. That solves this problem.  When they are cold, make it colder, when they are hot, make it hotter.

Have fun!

Diablo