You are here

Phone Calls

JY's picture

Another drama with the BM. My boyfriend has been allowed to resume his phone conversation with his daughter every weeknight as per the court from 7-7:30pm as the order stated it was originally suppose to happen. Ever since the Referee told the BM that if the phone conversations didn't occur she would have to change custody the phone calls have been happening every day including the weekends. When the phone conversations resumed my boyfriend had suspicions that the phone conversations were being listened to because, he states that he could hear the background loud and clear over the phone. He stated that when the conversation originally started with his daughter he could hear silence but, then all of a sudden he could hear the background. My boyfriend is not sure if the child is aware but, he isn't expecting the child to reveal that to him if she is aware because, he feels that the child will protect the BM no matter what. He states look at how long it took my daughter to reveal to me that she is aware that her mother is trying to keep her from seeing him. My boyfriend has a valid point because, it's been two years now and the child never stated anything to her father until recently.
The other thing that has started recently he states is that he has been conversating with his daughter and when he say's good-bye to her, he hears a phone hang-up but, he and his daughter are still on the phone. Now my boyfriend is talking from his cell phone so, he knows no one is listening in on his side of the phone but, he isn't sure about the child's side. My boyfriend has tried to see if the child is aware but, the child states she doesn't know what the sound is. My boyfriend thinks the child doesn't know that this is being done or if she does know, she is lying about it. The other thing my boyfriend states the mother did is that after the hang-up sound the mother came to the child and states,"hello, I need to use the phone."
To me it's ridiculous and I told my boyfriend it could be that the phone is cordless and sometimes on cordless phone's you pick up other people's channels. My boyfriend says I am giving the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he is right but, I guess it's because, I don't do those stupid things to my daughter because, I really don't care about the conversation between my daughter and her father, it's none of my business.
I advised my boyfriend to address it with his lawyer to see his prospective on it. I also advised him that when his daughter starts seeing the psychiatrist that he have a conversation by himself with the psychiatrist and tell her about this to see what she can find out about it.
I had to vent about this somewhere but, I don't know has anyone ever had this happen to them and what was the outcome.