You are here

Help

JY's picture

Hello Everyone,

I am posting because, I have a question. My boyfriend states that the last time he was in court the referee had implemented in the temporary custody/visitation order he receive phone calls from his daughter weekdays between 7-7:30pm.
The second time he returned to court the referee recommended he
receive a phone call every night his daughter isn't with him but, didn't implement it in the court order. The last week he had his daughter, his daughter had stated that her grandmother had indicated that it made no sense for his daughter to call him when she had just seen him. I feel one thing doesn't have to do with the other but, who am I to opinionate on other people's decision.
Apart from that the referee indicated that all parties should
provide each other with vacation information.
Now my boyfriend has been getting phone calls from his daughter every day without any problems except this Saturday because, he saw the child at the psychologist appointment he didn't receive his usual call. Is this to be considered a violation of the court recommendation?
The other question is my boyfriend has already emailed his ex-wife
the information regarding the vacation scheduled to occur in August. He provided his ex wife with Flight Information, Return Information, the location of the two places we are scheduled to stay at. My boyfriend did alter the information because, he states she doesn't need to know who is going because, she is fully aware of who will be going. Also, he excluded the gift information about the resort we are scheduled to stay at because, he feels the ex-wife doesn't need to know that my cousin who has a timeshare gave us this gift. Is any of the above wrong as far the information provided to the ex-wife?
My boyfriend still hasn't rec'd her vacation information and his daughter is scheduled to leave on Thursday June 26, 2008. If he doesn't receive the vacation information is that a violation of the court? Does he file a petition against both of these matters?

losingmymind's picture

I would say that if he say his daughter a an appointment then it would be just fine if she didn't call him that same night...he already saw her. Let the small stuff go or you will drive yourself crazy...trust me, I know from experience.

On the vacation thing......I would have BF email her again quoting the parenting agreement. I have found that if you make it simple and factual you will more than likely get your responses better. If he is hatefull and bitter he will only fuel her to not respond to him. Have him let her know that he has extended advanced notice to her and is only asking for the same respect.

At that point...if you still don't have it the day before you could have him follow up with telling her that he will be forced to go ask the courts for assistance since she is refusing to respond. Then all he can do is take it from there.

Good Luck to him!

JY's picture

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I told my boyfriend the same thing to just let it go because, he saw her that day. Plus I told him the phone calls have been more consistent. What bothers my boyfriend is the fact that his daughter wants to call him every day even if they speak for 2-3 minutes. My boyfriend states its the adults interfering and making the decisions with out asking his daughter if she is okay with it.
As far as the vacation the mother responded and told him she was leaving on Friday instead via car but, she would keep him posted on how they are returning back from the vacation. My boyfriend got annoyed because, he feels that if you planned the vacation you know how you are leaving and how you are returning. He doesn't care what type of transportation you use. I told my boyfriend lets see if she does keep you posted. I told him a few days before his daughter is scheduled to return if he hasn't heard from the mother regarding the return information, he should email her to cover himself. He can then go to the courts and see what the courts recommend he do in this situation.