You are here

Mother's Day

JY's picture

My step-daughter called my boyfriend on Mother's Day requesting to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. The child asked for her Aunt but, my boyfriend explained to his daughter that the Aunt was in a game and was not reachable. My boyfriend didn't want to give the child his sister's new cell number which the Bio-Mom doesn't have. Then the child asked to speak to her grandmother. My boyfriend put the grandmother on the phone. After the grandmother was done she passed me the phone. It felt awkward for me to have a conversation with my step-daughter because, I knew that the Bio-Mom didn't tell the daughter to call me because, she doesn't like me so, why would she tell her daughter to wish me Happy Mother's Day. The step-daughter stated Happy Mother's Day, and I thanked her for it. In return I did tell her Happy Mother's Day to her mom, her grandmother, and her GodMother(which is the Bio-Mom's Sister). I returned the phone to my boyfriend. My boyfriend then said his good-bye ritual. After he hung up he told me and his mother that he heard the Bio-Mom yelling at his daughter that she only told her to wish her Grandmother a Happy Mother's Day. My boyfriend was like you know how rude that would have been of my daughter to only wish my mother a Happy Mother's Day. I explained to my boyfriend that it is clearly evident she expresses how she truly feels to her daughter, and it is sad. I also explained to my boyfriend that is why your daughter feels in the middle of the situation because, she has what her mother feels and she has what you feel and that puts her in an emotional turmoil.
I also told my boyfriend apparently your daughter did her own thing because, if the mother told her only to wish your mother a Happy Mother's Day and your daughter did otherwise then your daughter really doesn't respect her mother's wishes, and does her own thing. Which I told my boyfriend it show's that your daughter can use her better judgement. Smile

_Jess_'s picture

My DH bought SD a card to give me. SD refused to sign it because, "She's not my mother!!"

I'm more of a mother to her than BM, who sees her EOW and doesn't bother attending any school or sport functions. But whatever.

JY's picture

I wasn't expecting my step-daughter to say, "Happy Mother's Day!" I am fully aware of how her mother feels and I couldn't expect my step-daughter to go against her mother's wishes. Don't get me wrong my step-daughter did do what she felt was right but, it's sad that she has to do things that way instead of feeling comfortable enough that she doesn't have to be controlled to whom she speaks.
I am sorry for what happened with your step-daughter but, you know it's the poison from the BM that causes the daughter to act the way she does. When your SD grows up and see's things differently she will realize that whatever her mother told her was wrong about you and she will come around. I mean I am hoping because, from the stuff I have read in this website from other individuals it is sad what these Bio Mom's do to their Bio-children.

Georgie Girl's picture

I think it is very petty of bm to say that to her daughter. I just can't stand that kind of behavior. She is teaching her bd how to be a petty *sshole just like her. What a sad lesson. I feel sad for kids that have to endure that kind of thing from their parents. It is just not fair to the kids.

I am sorry that you had to be subjected to that but it is nice to know that sd has a mind of her own and did what she knew was right. Kudos to her.

frustratedinMA's picture

I was pleasantly surprised when my ss9 called and left me a message wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.. I started to cry.. He must have suffered the wrath of hell to get them to dial my number. Even DH was shocked.. he said.. wow... He had to have asked.. We think he asked the SF to make the call, as BM doesnt acknowledge my existence. Sd told my dh that she called and left me a message too. She did not. Just ss. I had even played the message to my dh.

My phone was off and charging at the time of the call.