You are here

It's over

Edie's picture

It's over. He took SD home this morning after i voiced that i didnt think it was right to drive back mid week in our holiday top pick up SD because she doesn't want to stay all 4 nights but just 2. She has stayed with us for 4 nights before because she wanted to sleep extra so I felt it wouldn't be good for her to think she could get us travelling back to collect her half way through the break. Apparently I need to get a grip and he is happy to do it so that's that. Doesn't matter if it disrupts our holiday mid week. I think either deciding to do 4 nights at the coast or having to miss out would have been good for her and may make her less likely to fuss in future. But no i'm wrong. So he said he would cancel the holiday so none of the children could go and find somewere to live and i said ok. He then gathered SDs things and came up to say he was taking her home and checking into hotel until he can find his own place. I didnt even go down and say goodbye. Just let them go.

Also last night i made dinner and i always make salad with dinner and my partner always asks me to overload his plate with it as he is always trying to eat healthy. Anyway, i asked him to oversee what i was plating up for SD.( so i couldn't be blamed) I asked if she would have salad and he made out it was odd for me to make a salad to go with dinner. (It was hot dog and wedges, which i see as BBQ kind of food, so always do salad with it) I said we always have salad are you having some and he rejected it too saying "oh no not with hotdogs, that's just odd". I think he did this so it didn't look odd that he wasn't offering some to his daughter as he knew she would go into tantrum and i miss mummy and that would confirm my concerns what i have raised, that she is using i miss mummy as a way out of doing stuff she doesnt like. Pure manipulation and now he is manipulating the situation to enable her manipulating!! After that i was in the garden and i pronounced a word wrong ( instead of saying thief i said fieth by accident, i'm a suffolk girl and sometimes my dialect is a bit off) and he pretended he couldn't understand my sentence and kept saying what do you mean over and over again. Then he said "oh you mean thief, i couldnt understand you" all my family understood me. The word sounded like thief. It made me feel like i was completely thick. That doubled with being told i make him raise his voice was enough for me to shut down emotionally and let them walk. I'm pretty sure there is something narcissistic about both of them. SD said these sausages are better that mummys burnt ones. Last week she wouldnt eat my food. No shes willing to talk negative about her mums food which i didn't like. Where is your sense of loyalty to your BM. Never thought i would feel bad for BM! It feels like she is saying that to us to get on our side now. I wonder what she says to mum about my food. I think it's very off.

JRI's picture

I've followed your posts and though I hate to say it, this might be for the best.  He seems pretty enmeshed with the little girl and all the ups and downs were driving you nuts.  I think you said you work with children and you've bent over backwards to make this work but it was just one thing after another.  Take the time to grieve, rest up and I think you will end up feeling relieved.  Good luck!

Edie's picture

Thanks JRI, Yes it was starting to drive me nuts and i agree that there is enmeshment. It is too much for me. I do work with children in a school and i have never had any uncomfortable feelings about any behaviour at work. Even when they are being naughty. But this feels different and the dependency that SD has seems unhealthy and it feels like both BM and my partner are treating her like she is fragile and needy. It's weird. Thank you for all your advice. I'm going to avoid any contact with him now as i dont think i would ever want to go back into those dynamics. Just got to get over the hurt and come to terms with it all. It's very quite at home this evening and i can feel the void 

JRI's picture

You are right that this is different and unhealthy.  It was only going to get worse.  The only bad thing is that we might lose you on Steptalk.  Take care.

Aunt Agatha's picture

Here's to you for not putting up with this nonsense.  He is a stunted man raising an emotionally inept child.  

Stay strong!  I am rooting for you!

Edie's picture

Thank you all for your replies and for being so supportive over the last couple of months. I feel ok but a little low. A big chunk of my life has disapeared and I'm definitely feeling the void. I would love to say i can't believe it's over but i actually can because it has been up and down during the whole 4 year relationship. We actually had a split before, two years ago which led to me feeling like i was going crazy over circular conversations with me being blamed for being upset over things he had said to me. (Who does that kind of crap to someone?) It led to me having a bit of a breakdown and i was left very confused and spent weeks over analysing everything to make some sense of what happened. Doctors said i could be suffering PTSD due to the relationship. Two months after, i took him back again after he went from cutting me out completely, to you are the love of my life and i can't move on. I know... I'm a fool for doing it. I have let myself down massively in this relationship as i have overlooked stuff and lost my voice because i felt it wasn't going to be acknowledge anyway, so may as well just stick my headphones on and tidy the garden. Or go upstairs in my room and drink my tea there. Funny thing is, before all this i was mid way through my masters degree, confident and would be the first to not give my time to someone who was rude to me but it all became so entangled and somewhere along the road i lost myself. I have so many repressed feelings my chest actually hurts at times. Not looking forward to those being released!! 

Anyway, i would like to stay as a member on here if that is ok? Maybe like you said iamwoman as i feel better about all this and can see a bit clearer i can be of some help to others. I know that for me, you have all kept me saine when i've felt frustrated and having that reasurance that your not alone is a life saver. Thank you 

TheAccidentalSM's picture

We need voices who have been through the battles and come out the other side.

Rags's picture

Congratulations on purging that shallow and polluted multigenerational gene pool from your life.

Do not question that you are far better off with them both long gone from your life.

When you proved to be more confident than he could easily deal with through the application of his manipulation, he bolted.  Which in all liklihood means that he already had his next victim identified.  Rekey the locks, move on.

No regrets.

Take care of you.