You are here

Easter crap

Soon-to-be-Step-Mommy's picture

}:)

I have just been informed by FDH that we will be taking FSD to a movie Saturday evening, taking her to the beach Sunday morning after easter basket/egg hunt, followed by a visit to his parents house. BLAH. Another dictated holiday since everything revolves around pleasing FSD. SHOOT ME! I'll be dreading the day until we are dropping the kid off with her Mother that evening!

Auteur's picture

I"d bow out of the kiddie movie on Saturday. YAWN!!

DIY pedi and/or mani Sunday morning during the egg hunt and join them at the beach later.

STB to DH: "So YOU will be going to a movie, an egg hunt, etc. and I'll join you at the beach later on Sunday."

UGH I remember those early years where GG expected me to "go along to get along" and I could watch the ever more jaded brat pack thumb their noses at me year after year during all their activities.

Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt!!

Totalybogus's picture

Do you have children? Easter really is a lot of fun with kids. Try to get in to the spirit and enjoy the day regardless. No one can do anything to you or make you feel anything unless you let them.

Auteur's picture

Soon-to-be-Step, i don't know about your skid(s) but mine couldn't even sit still for a cartoon kiddie movie like Ice Age. They would whine the whole time, turn around and stare at the people behind them, kick the seat ahead of them until I got hate stares from other patrons who thought they were MINE (heaven forbid; i would NEVER have such ill behaved children)!!

Constantly begging daddykins to buy them more and more snacks so that they can stuff it into their already corpulent little faces.

Then while destroying their Easter baskets, the phrase "is this all there is?" constantly hung in the air like so much stale stench. Even though said baskets were full to the brim with brand name chocolates and treats.

I was picking Easter grass around the house for weeks afterward.

Then the Easter egg hunt I planned and made for them. They tried to stuff all the candy into their mouths at once, chewing with their mouths completely wide open while screaming with laughter; which in turn launched projectile missles of half digested runny chocolate. Then the wanton smashing of plastic easter egg shells.

Not my idea of a fun time. But maybe your skid(s) actually behave like human beings.

overit2's picture

Oh good God ROFL....Auteur...your descriptions just cracked me UP! LOL needed the laugh!

littlemommy's picture

I literally have tears running down my face from laughing so hard at your description. I can totally relate tho, if we didn't laugh we'd go crazy right?

sixteensmom's picture

When they're all in college and adults u get to do Easter egg jello shots with them all night. Way more fun. Hide the eggs with jello shots in em super fun.

shelandmegsmom's picture

what i really like is auteur's signature line. i have said that to my DH so many times "why didn't you just pull out for christ's sake!"