You are here

So...freakin...annoyed

Soon-to-be-Step-Mommy's picture

}:)

I live in Florida on the east coast right across the street from the beach so yesterday decided to take a family bike ride down the beachside and stop for lunch at a restaurant. Everything was fine until FDH yells at me for not watching FSD closely enough as we are riding our bicycles. Mind you I am in FRONT and he is BEHIND her...the tone he got with me pissed me off and hurt my feelings which began my resentment for the day. We get to the restaurant and FSD is cranky complaining she is hot and hungry and starts laying all over her daddy and he in turn consoles her and starts rubbing her back and babying her as he always does.(I mean come on like we aren't hot and hungry too??) So I tell her to put a piece of ice to her forehead and then she is fine. She begins saying "ahhhh, ahhh much better, I have ice, ahhh I have ice now" Since her Daddy hadnt noticed and was busy reading the menu, She was trying to get his attention so he would react to what she was doing. She must ALWAYS get a reaction out of her daddy about everything. Her food comes and she eats less than half and says she is full. FDH is wiping her mouth every time he sees ketchup or a crumb on her face (she is almost 8 years old for crikeys sake cant he tell her to wipe her own face???) I tell FSD to come to the bathroom with me so we can go before we get back on our bikes. Its a one person bathroom. We go in and she just stares into space without saying a word. I ask her whats wrong she says "Get...Out" (In robot voice I might add) So I leave the bathroom. It annoys the crap out of me because she is still asking Daddy to dress her and help her bathe, but I as a woman and her future step mom cant even be in the bathroom with her even if I turn away and face the door?? Whatever. So as we are riding home FSD says SHE IS HUNGRY WAHHH!! Well good thing we threw away more than half of the lunch we bought for her! We ride home and go to the pool in our neighborhood. I lay out to get some sun and the two of them go into the pool. I kindly ask that they not splash me since I just colored my hair the day before and didnt want chlorine to get into my hair. Wellll what do you know both of them PURPOSELY splash me!!!! How nice of them. FDH disrespects and undermines me in front of FSD quite frequently and it pisses me the hell off. I am getting so annoyed lately and I am so thankful that I have this site to come to and vent. How were your weekends with hubbys and steps???

liks's picture

Make it so she doesnt wanna come around anymore....

organise things so that she doesnt like them....she sounds like a nutter.....like her mother

Obviously has the values of her mother and acting out because her mother told her to....see if you can get her to not enjoy the visits so much...xx

Frankie's picture

That would p@ss me off I have to admit your SD obviously knows exactly what she is doing and her father is playing into her hands. He is making a rod for his own back "and yours" if he carrys on she will get worse as she gets older.

TALK TO HIM xxxx

Soon-to-be-Step-Mommy's picture

I try to talk to him here and there and make comments about how her interacts with her or how he talks to me in front of her but things just don't change. He is so set in his ways. We postponed our wedding until next year due to financial reasons but I'm thinking I have some other deep rooted feelings that need to be addressed before the wedding anyways!!

Frankie's picture

I feel you really should address them. I have gone through some really hard times in my life but I can honestly say being a step mum is the hardest I find it hard even though 9 times out of ten me and my partner work from the same hym sheet but if you dont its gonna be worse.

Good luck to you, you sound a great stepmum if you SD and partner would give you half the chance. Chances are if you partner backed you up she would calm down.