OT - Eff Off/Forn Friday
Sorry, STalkers. Once again, I'm late to the party. It's been a shite week!
Eff off to:
- Mr. Vacation coddling people. They send in requests and Mr. V has been doing some of the work for them. Sorry, NOT sorry, coddled eggheads. Evil Aniki a) cannot spend all of that time trying to find that information that should have filled out by YOU on the effing request, and 2) does not care if the request is denied because YOU supplied bad info. All I do is copy and paste. Rejections are the result of YOUR missing/invalid data.
- King Pita. The ONE saving grace of having to do Mr. Vacation's job is that I've been able to miss several Zooms because I am too effing busy to attend. But that hasn't stopped KP from being The Drying Dingleberry Pulling A Short & Curly. I send out an email to the team; KP must reply to all with some worthless blurb (ie: "Lots going on this weekend. Let me know if any questions."). No, KP, no one has any effing questions for YOU. These people have been doing their jobs since long before your annoying arse harshed our mellow work vibe. You're just trying to make yourself relevant because NO ONE WANTS YOUR EFFING ARSE.
- Eternal pessimists. Stop trying to pull me into your ugly suckhole of negativity. I've been subjected to your BS for years. Have I ever agreed with you? EFF NO. So stop right there. If you want to discuss something light and pleasant, I'm all for it. You want to go on yet another negative rant or beeyotch about the same bloody thing you've been going on about for years. Go spew your bile elsewhere (like that nice outhouse north of Bruce Crossing). Aniki is D-O-N-E with your caca.
- The "C" word. No, not caca. And not that word. I'm talking about the one that has to come up in every single work conversation. Did you/your spouse/kids/family members/dog/cat/goldfish/brother's uncle-in-law's boytoy's dogwalker's mancurist's proctologist have it? Were you pricked? What version were you pricked with? Did you have symptoms? What were/are they/Why didn't you? So-n-so won't/can't get it. Evil Aniki immediately hangs up the Zoom when this happens because I'M EFFING BUSY!!! (FYI, this is my lunch break.)
Forn is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined. The local fish place has a fresh load of whitefish so I want to try a new recipe. For the record, the high tomorrow will be 40 and the low in the upper 20s - perfect soup/stew and hot bread weather!
Quick Easy Fish Stew
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1.5 cups)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-14oz can of whole or crushed tomatoes with their juices OR 1.5 cups of fresh chopped tomato
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 8 oz clam juice (or shellfish stock)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon blanc)
- 1/4 pounds fish fillets (firm fish), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Pinch of dry oregano
- Pinch of dry thyme
- 1/8 ttsp Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and tomato paste, and gently cook for 10 minutes or so.
- Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes apart, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add seasoning - salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, Tabasco. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Great served with crusty bread for dipping in the fish stew broth.
NOTE: FOr a variation, add 1/2 pound of shrimp, mussels, clams, and/or scallops to the stew. If adding shellfish, add them a couple minutes befoer the fish; they need more time to cook and open.
Wishing you a stress-free and enjoyable weekend!