OT - Eff Off/Forn Friday
Welcome to Friday, STalkers! This week hasn't been too bad (for me). Crazy-busy, but on a tolerable level. Combo week!
Eff off to:
- Cancer. It claimed another friend. Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...
- Covid. Need I say more?
- Mother Nature. Where the heck is my snow, lady? We have a measly 7 inches on the ground. *scratch_one-s_head*
- Cheezits. I simply cannot eat just one of those darn things. Oink!
Here we go with Forn Friday! Forn is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined. I want to share some recipes of things I am craving.
- 8 oz portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Trim down mushroom stems to be even with caps, discarding stems. Lightly rinse mushrooms; pat dry with paper towels. Finely chop mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms in hot butter about 5 minutes or until mushrrooms are tender and most of the liquid evaporates. Carefully add wine. Cook for 2 minutes more or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, cream cheese, the softened butter, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until nearly smooth. Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours.
- Serve pate on toasted baguette slices or with melba toast.
Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked & crumbled (reserve 2 Tbsp)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 2 Tbsp
- 3-4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped (for more spice, do not remove all the seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup; bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeños.
- Spoon filling into wonton cups, then sprinkle with reserved bacon and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until wontons are golden brown and cheese is melted.
NOTE: I want to make this as a dip: no wontons, spread the mix in baking dish, bake, and serve with tortilla chips. OR stuff halved mini peppers. OR eliminate the jalapeños from the mixture and stuff halved jalapeños.
Sex on a Snowbank
(What can I say - I'm craving snow!)
- 1.5 oz Malibu Rum
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream
- 6 large ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve in a coconut-rimmed martini glass.
Wishing you a stress-free and enjoyable weekend!