OT - Forn Friday
'Forn' is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined. Food that makes you drool at the mere thought. You eat slooooooowly to savor the flavor. Could be sweet, could be salty, could be savory, could be umami. It's all about the food!
Who else is off Monday for 3-day weekend? We all know what that means... I'll have 4 days to do 5 days worth of work. A lot of people see Labor Day weekend as a farewell to Summer and go camping or have a big barbecue. We've been invited to two different barbecues this weekend, which means I'll be spending Labor Day weekend laboring in the kitchen. Here's of the recipes I'm making:
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Bars
- 1 package brownie mix for 13x9 pan
- 4-8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 13x9 pan.
- Preapare brownies as directed on package and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until top of brownie is shiny and center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Pour over paritally baked brownies.
- Bake 40 minutes until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen; cool.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with chocolate.