OT - Eff Off/Forn Friday
Happy Friday, STalkers! Are you ready for the weekend? It's going to be HOT in my neck of the woods. The forecast says 93 degrees on Sunday. BLECH!!! This Finn needs a long, cool dip in Lake Superior. Psssst... I also need a long, cool dip when it's 70.
I've already had two requests for EOF, so let's get to it. Eff off to:
- Effers who jump the gun in the attempt to be overly efficient and eff things up. Thank you SO much for submitting that request before it was complete. Still had two more tasks to add. Now I have to delete the original request and START ALL OVER. And since it was not your effing request, you should've kept your effing fingers off of the effing keyboard and your effing nose out of my work. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your nether region. Scratch that. Black flies abound. You should go take a nap in the woods. Nekkid. On a big ol' ant hill. Wanker.
- Black flies. Those vicious effers are out in force and I'm black fly chum. Crudmuffins!
- King Pita. No, we are NOT having a meeting to recap the things discussed in your meeting that you missed yesterday. You want an update, go read the effing meeting notes. Fingers crossed I won't have to hear that ear-grating voice of his until next week. LATE next week.
- BioHo. 'Ho is PO'd at SS21. SS21 is irritated with 'Ho. Why? Because 'Ho found out via fakebook what day SS21 and future wife are getting hitched. IOW, SS21 should have called his mommy to tell her first. Call the waaaaaah-mbulance! So 'Ho called SS21 and pitched a major effing fit. Things have been strained between them now for MONTHS. 'Ho keeps texting/leaving voicemails to DH, beeyotching and moaning that SS21 owes her an apology. DH is not about to play referee between the two. Evil Aniki is laughing her arse off that 'Ho's favorite child refuses to toe the 'ho line.
On to Forn Friday! Forn is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined. Since it's obviously going to be bloody hot this weekend, here are some of my favorite, non-cook sides.
- 2 bunches of Broccoli (chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped fine)
- 10 pieces cooked bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayo (I use miracle whip light)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp vinegar (I use red wine vinegar)
Mix dressing 1 hour ahead. Mix all together, chill.
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Remove kernels: Cut off tip of each cob; stand in a wide, shallow bowl. With a sharp knife, slice downward to remove kernels.
- To bowl, add scallions, vinegar, and oil. Season generously with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Serve or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
TOMATO AVOCADO SALAD
- 10-12 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, whole
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup feta
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a big salad bowl, place the tomatoes, avocado, and feta.
- Drizzle with lime juice, olive oil, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Gently toss.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Wishing you a stress-free and enjoyable weekend!