OT - Forn Friday
'Forn' is 'food' and 'p0rn' combined.
Warmer weather means firing up the grill. What do you do if you're invited over for a barbecue at the last minute? Stop at the grocery store for some premade potato salad or coleslaw?
I once attended a barbecue with SIX containers of premade coleslaw and ELEVEN bigarse containers of potato salad.
Are you tired of making deviled eggs? ~yawn~
STalkers, what are some tried and true, quick and easy recipes you make?
Shaved Asparagus with Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 12 large asparagus spears (abouse 1 lb.), trimmed and peeled
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus a piece for shaving
- 1-1/2 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshley ground black pepper
- Working with one asparagus spear at a time, use a vegetable peeler to shave spears into long, thin shavings.
- Transfer to a medium bowl (the tips will snap off as the spears get thinner: add to bowl).
- Combine grated Parmesan and lemon juice in a small bowl and slowly whisk in oil until well blended.
- Season vinaigrette over shaved asparagus and toss to coat.
- Use peeler to shave more Parmesan over salad (you can do this over each individual plate).