You are here

So sick of drama every weekend

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I commute an hour each way to work. I am gone 11-12 hours most days. I have kept SD13 at a distance and let DH "parent" her, so of course, nothing has gotten done. She hasn't done her laundry in 2 weeks, hasn't showered since Weds, hasn't washed the pee diapers from SDog in god knows how long, and of course the real winner this week is, "I don't have any homework." She just started 8th grade. I am convinced her time will come with the homework, it's only been one week of school, but still...

So, SD13 comes to me a little while ago and her friend is on the phone. I was talking to DH and told him to call SD13 and handle whatever it was, SD13 probably "wanted" something. Why she still comes to me I have no idea. I tell DH before we hung up that she hasn't done shit all week, just sayin'. I wanted to do laundry today, as well as wash sheets and dog blankets......but alas, MY schedule will have to wait until LATER.

I go downstairs and ask SD13 what it was that she wanted, who was on the phone. I know, I should have ignored her, but this shit happens EVERY weekend. No one helps me around here and DH is doesn't follow through on shit.
ME: You're doing laundry now....
SD13: Yes.....
ME: What is it that you want? (She knows FRIDAY is her laundry day and she's skipped the past two.)
SD13: What.....? (Playing all dumb.)
ME: Who was on the phone? You must want something otherwise you wouldn't be doing laundry all of a sudden.
SD13: Oh, it was GF and dad said I had to do laundry first.
ME: The only reason dad told you is because I told dad, and you haven't done it in 2 weeks. When's the last time you showered?
SD13:.....Uh.......Wednesday?
ME: And what's today?
SD13: Saturday..........(duh-uhhhh)
ME: Real nice, SD13, when's the last time you washed the dog diapers for SDog?
SD13: I don't know......
ME: Yeah, cause it's been that long. You know part of being responsible (we had a big talk with her about this before) is doing your chores on time and not just waiting until you WANT something. You have a lot of work to do around here and you didn't have any homework this week so you could've done a few things. I only have the weekend and I work all week. I don't want to do a mountain of laundry in one day on Sunday. I wanted to start today. And I wanted to actually enjoy my holiday on Monday.
SD13: *crickets*

I'm sure she'll go and tell her therapist that I am mean, but it's called parenting. I don't like being firm with her, I try to stay disengaged and let DH do the reminding, but he falls short every time. Nothing matters. I live here too dammit. Who posted this morning about going off on her SKids? Was it GoAwayPlz, I think? My time is coming.

I am going to blow my fuse. I am going to have DH make a fricking chore board for this Skid. I am so sick of my house being undealt with and this Skid being a moron with Disney Dad. He's watching football and baseball at the same time, and hockey will start soon, too. Parent your fricking kid already! And after the shit she gave me this week, talking down to me after her therapy for wanting to be a boy?

I am going to kick DH squarely in the nuts. And then hand him posterboard and a Sharpie to make the chore board with.

~ Moon

Easylikesundaymornin's picture

Make her do everything that's her responsibility n then some.
Make sure her room is clean ~ check under the bed n the closet.

My kids pull this crap me all the time ~ I tell them all the time please don't ask me if you can do something if you don't have all your chores fine. Real simple ~

That laundry deal would drive me crazy ~ assign her a day to do her laundry not to I convince your routine. If she doesn't do it ~ oh well no social life ~ the first time your " ruin her life" she'll learn the lesson. Your punishments are dictated by her lack of being responsible.

annecole's picture

welcome to my world. my man is always at work so I am the one who has to discipline my ss. actually even when he isn't at work I am the one who has to discipline him.

annecole's picture

stand firm though and make sure you and your dh are on the same page. truat me, do it now bc I have a terrible time now that my ss is 17.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Your SD sounds like my OSD19, who just left for college. She is a royal bitch mini-wife. Talks down to me and tells me I am immature like she is all hoity-toity. And she doesn't pick up after herself for shit. Tonight is the first night I have actually enjoyed being in my kitchen because I cleaned it. She would blow through there and make a mess all of the time! I could never think of any good one-liners to use on her in the moment besides the obvious, and she would ALWAYS sass back. Always. I found that very disrespectful, but no matter what I would do, DH would just sit there and calmly try to intervene while SD19 worked her magic. You know, we can't be mean to SD19 or put her in her place because she has anger issues. You want to see anger? I hold it in for about 8 months as well and then I go off. This summer was horrible, I was a prisoner in my own home. I decided to let DH handle her and he walked on eggshells as much as I did. If I would try to talk to her, she would bitch me out and then start crying and try to leave the room. At which point I would get sarcastic and tell her to sit her ass down. I would probably blow a damn fuse if I let it escalate. She is impossible and there is no BM to go back to. I need to get my armor ready for Thanksgiving break.

~ Moon

ChiefGrownup's picture

At 19 my SD will not be living with us, DH has already promised me, thank heaven. If she acts like that on a visit, I'm kicking her out of my home. What you describe above makes me nauseous and I'm sorry you are living it.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Everyone says wait until they are 18, but it makes no difference unless DH stops being so nice. I know he worries about his girls because their BM died, I can't blame him. The only way things will change in my house is if I become a raving lunatic bitch and go off on SD19. Then SD19 will play on that because she knows no respect for authority. I can see her spitting on me or just storming up to her room, at which I will be livid. I just can't hold it together when she is snotty. What can I do if it gets to that point? I can't calmly have an adult conversation with her because she will sit there stone-faced with an attitude and not say anything.

SD13 finally got her laundry and the Sdog laundry done. She started at 2pm and finished at 8pm. I know she hasn't folded her clothes and put them away, but who cares? At least her stuff will be out of my way tomorrow. DH didn't have her do anymore chores and she was never able to reach her GF, so she just stayed around here in her fantasy world. She didn't want to finish her dinner, but DH made her eat it all. }:)

~ Moon

Rags's picture

Have the laundry room door keyed with a lock. Unlock it only on Friday (SS's laundry day). Do not tell her just do it. After she starts smelling like live stock and her friends start ridiculing her for it she will start catching clarity.

At some point kids must be forced to use their brains rather than being coddled. It is tome for this one IMHO.

Good luck.

Rags's picture

My mom and dad (69 & 72) are dealing with this crap with my neice. My brother, SIL, and their two youngest relocated for an international assignment and my niece (20) is living with my parents for her Jr. and Sr. years of college. She has a suite in their home (sitting room, bedroom, bathroom) that is regularly a pig sty. Not dirty, just burried in her crap.

It has been about 6wks since this experiment started and my mom and dad are already up to their ears in frustration.

We will see how long USMC grandpa can last before he goes all Gunny on her ass. }:)

I can' wait. Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Go Grandpa, GO! He is old school and I LOVE me some tradition, Rags! LOL He needs to throw the breaker switch for her area so her alarm doesn't go off in the morning and the power doesn't work in the restroom!

Our laundry room is a large closet off of the bedroom hallway upstairs, so we have accordian doors on it, nothing to lock. It's feet from everyone's doors. Yay fibromyalgia, right? LOL

(Copied from another post to update.....)

I got spooked by a tstorm today and sat in my basement for an hour. I started writing down every chore in the house that needed to get done. Next, I wrote what frequency they needed to be done, i.e. daily, 1x/week, 2x/week, 5x/week, EOW or monthly. I made two sheets in Excel, one for the daily 9/1 - 9/7, and then a sheet for EOW and monthly chores. Next I put my initial, DH and SD13's initials everywhere and divided up chores. I called a quick huddle this evening and said that if their heads spin, imagine what I feel like trying to do it all by myself, or reminding someone, or reminding someone and it not getting done....or reminding someone and getting crap/disrespect for it. And I'm just ONE PERSON. I outlined it for SD13 for tomorrow and her first reply was, "Wow, I only have four things to do tomorrow. I can do that." I was relieved. This entire list thing is to keep DH in check and let him into the world of being a SM, and being crapped on. It was a fair list, so we'll see how it goes. I've never done this before. Fingers crossed. Training DH in Parenting 101.

On another note, SD13 was cleaning her hamster cage today and found him 4 paws up in there. He was 2 years old to the week, and BM had given this pet to SD on her 11th bday. I think he had died earlier in the week, because hardly any of his food was gone from last weekend. Also, DH takes SD13 to her second therapy session since she announced wanting to be a boy last weekend. She still hasn't done her therapy assignment, but we'll see what happens.

Things are better with SD19 gone at college. She actually called DH today and said she needed quarters for doing laundry. Whut?! :jawdrop: She even has her car on campus now! He told her to go to the bank. Lazy Skid. I went off on him and reminded him again that she was 19 FFS. He told me to calm down lol. Wait until she comes home and I rotate her ass through the chore list. }:) }:)

~ Moon