You are here

SD13 Drama and other fun things

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I have had a stressful week at work as one of my co-workers decided to make an ass of herself at my expense during a meeting earlier in the week. I had been giving her the silent treatment as my feelings were terribly hurt. I wanted to take the weekend to calm down and then decide on Monday if I would report it to HR in case it happened again. She took the high road and came to apologize to me, so it helped to tell her how it felt, being mocked by her in a room full of people, about a very sensitive topic that is health-related (diabetes). So my Friday was off to a shitty start before I had her apology.

DH got back into town yesterday and he, SD13 and I ordered dinner. Not much conversation, as DH was hungry and tired from traveling. It was my birthday and he got me a few nice presents. Then the wind must have shifted. I swear SD13 who wants to be a boy is bipolar. She has done this before. She is fine and happy, thrives around DH and then all of a sudden goes quiet, playing the pity-party role. DH is a very sensitive and kind father, and most kids probably wouldn't get the reception that SD13 did when she first told us she wanted to be a boy. DH noticed her being frumpy all of a sudden at the dinner table and started trying to get her to open up. He is much more patient than I.

After about 20 minutes of getting nowhere and just sitting there patiently (on my birthday), I said to SD13, "I understand you must be feeling really confused about everything, but you owe it to your father and I to talk to us. That's what we're here for." Still nothing of value, which is par for the course with teens, but still, I was starting to get angry with the disrespect. If you want to be in a foul mood, call out for attention all of a sudden, and then you don't want to talk with your father, then leave the fucking table. We went through the same crap last Friday night at dinner as well, even after DH rushed out to get SD13 a haircut for the family wedding. She had chopped her own hair into a Paul McCartney Beatles bowl-cut on her own while DH was out of town last week. Last night DH even had the nerve to come back and say, in front of SD13 which is a no-no, that she "isn't confused, but Moon, you seem to think she is just going through a phase. I think she really knows about her identity and that things won't change back to the way they were." So there's the "united front" in my house and it doesn't include me. I told DH that none of us knew for sure what was going to happen, as this entire identity thing is new. We'll know when we get there.

So then SD13 starts crying and wants to go to a support group about an hour away. We went through this last weekend and DH said he would take her. I told him it was closer to the city, too far away, you work all week, just wait and take her to the local group which meets nearby every week. At least DH saw the light on that one. Then I look at SD13's chore list and asked her why she didn't do her laundry as Friday is her day? I looked at everything she checked off and she just SKIPS over the laundry reminder that is there in bold print. Because she has done this before. Pain in the ass. DH says she can do laundry on Saturday. No, DH, because I want to do laundry Saturday and not Sunday anymore, because I am dead on my feet Monday. from doing your laundry all weekend, with fibromyalgia.

DH is always sticking up for her. I told DH this morning (for the first time) that I was growing resentful. I really am. He was kind for about a nanosecond and then hit the roof! He stormed away from me, raising his voice in a huff. He asked what I wanted his help with? I said to make sure that SD13 does her chores and studies some. He made fun of my chore list and I said that she wouldn't do half of what she was supposed to without that list. Some of it she checks off and it isn't even done. I know, I check behind her about once a week or less. Last week was when I found her underwear under the sink in the basement. DH still speaks up, because I asked again today WHY it was there, and defends her, saying, "You had an accident, RIGHT?" No, DH, her drawers were perfectly clean and I have footage of it (lol) in case you want me to show you! Your kid is just an immature creepy tween. Gheez already! DH proceeded to go tell SD13 to clean out her ENTIRE closet and get all of her crap off of the floor! It's been there for almost two years, and her "clean" sheets that she washed three weeks ago were on the closet floor with her shoes on top of them. He yelled and asked her why she didn't fold them and put them in the linen closet? Mewling from SD13 }:) , so he told her to put them in the LINEN closet already!! After I ask DH for a few things every month, he yells at me but them storms off to discover what I am talking about. He never checks SD13's room, bathroom, basement area, nothing. He has been doing a lot more cleaning up after her lately. LOL

I really started thinking about leaving today and it scared the shit out of me. Or maybe I could do like Sally and stay at my other house, for awhile. My tenant's lease is up at the end of January. I could make it work, I really could, but I would miss my dogs like hell. I cried and cried this morning and two of them just came over and curled up next to me. I couldn't leave them. I would feel like I was letting them down, and they wouldn't be taken care of. They have a huge yard here, so this is a good place for them. They are mu joy, I just don't want to live in a shitty house, so I voiced that to DH today. About making sure SD13 did her part.

I also got into it with DH because part of SD13's responsibility is putting a belly band on SDog. She didn't do it at all this week. I just have to live accepting the fact that my dining room will continue to be pissed on by him. Then DH says that maybe it's the other male and quit blaming SDog. I told him if we had the damn diaper on SDog, then we would know, now wouldn't we? Then he says how hard it is to see if there is pee on the floor, that you have to run your fingers over the hardwood. I replied that wouldn't that be easier for SD13 to do, FOR HER OWN DOG, than you or me after a hard day's work? He always bumps his head on the table and I have a terrible neck and back, so I point out the pee and ask them to clean it. DH had the nerve to tell me that I missed a spot. No, DH, your kid missed a spot. Not my responsibility but WTF, I'm here to HELP, right?

I just couldn't win today. I told DH that I was the maid, babysitter and bad guy. He yelled at me and I know SD13 heard all of it. Another no-no. All of that crap went on this morning and my birthday celebration last night was short-lived because of SD13 and her drama. Yes, I hugged her again, and told her we would get her to where she needed to be. It just breaks my heart because I see how crestfallen DH is. We all need time to adjust. DH told SD13 to take things slow.

I probably left out a bunch of other stuff, too, but I just needed to vent. I sent the two fart knockers to Walmart to buy SD13 some underwear. Anyone want to move here and be my roomie, lol? Rent is cheap. Argh.

~ Moon

step off already's picture

It's hard ewjrn it's not your own child ( or dog). Maybe moving into your ither place for a 90 day Check in could be helpful. You could also frami it as you'll be doing work on the house fir next tenant while you get a clear head regarding the responsibility of having a husband and sd. You can join them for dinner, bring dogs over but most importantly get some distance and reset.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I bet I would never come back here, because this house would go to shit without me. LOL But at least I could have my own world to chill in. Might have to sleep on the floor......lol, but some days I think that would even be worth it!

Oh and DH thinks SD13 is getting good grades......NOT. I'm keeping quiet this time!

~ Moon

furkidsforme's picture

So SD is 13 and thinks she wants to be a boy? Kudos to both of you for being supportive, but I agree that none of you have any idea what will pan out. Maybe SD is really transgender and discovered this early. If so, good for her, she has a supportive family to help her through.

Or, maybe she's just an emo teen. Or a lesbian and trying to figure this all out. Or nothing, and it's a phase.

In high school I swore I was a lesbian because I thought Marilyn Monroe was pretty. yup, that is the only reason why. But in my teen brain, it made sense.

And my SD was "a lesbian" all through high school and only dated girls. Now she is 2 years into dating a man and most definitely is not a lesbian. She admits it was for attention.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Thanks, fur. SD13 is a late bloomer and there are no outward signs of her having an interest in either sex right now, but trust me, I know the wheels are turning. I think by this time next year when those crushes and attractions start to become more evident, we'll know better what her path might be.

We support her but don't encourage her at this point, although she has gotten a new boy wardrobe. Right now that is what she is identifying with. It drives me batty that she has made such an adult decision, but still can't remember to brush her teeth. She is like a toddler most days. Can't do anything on her own. Call it a permanent brain fart, common with teens.

I have had DH get on her case this weekend so things get done. It hasn't been easy, but I have decided I am not doing everything for her anymore. Yes, SD13 acts out a lot and acts like a baby for attention. The dumb card is annoying.

~ Moon

Notacelebration's picture

I swear I would do it if we lived near each other! I've already told DH that I've thought about moving out until SD launches. Or IF.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Sally, I agree! But calling her a slut would be a compliment. She is barely out of diapers and very naive to the world. I wonder if this acting out is because she was never fully over BM's death? She just didn't cry or deal with it. I agree that the signs should have been in place for YEARS and just because she read it and can recite it verbatim from the internet doesn't mean that she is a T. All we can do is wait, just in case......

I was so sick of her yesterday that I got mean with her which I never do! I'm firm but not usually mean. DH asked her to put forks on the dinner table. She comes walking funny into the kitchen asking where the forks are? I don't know where the forks are? I finally said to her, "Quit playing the dumb card! You act like a dork and you you creep people out! Grow up, stand up straight and get the forks out of the damn drawer where you know they're kept!"

I had had it up to here at that point. She stood up straight, got the forks to the table and went back to what she was doing. Part of my problem with her is that she flails around like a loose rubber band, walks backwards into a room half bent over and just makes erratic moves with her body out of the corner of my eye. With fibromyalgia, esp at the end of the day, this is extremely hard to deal with. It is sensory overload to the Nth degree for us FM sufferers. Muscle spasms are full-on, there is muscle fatigue and there is my brain trying to speed up and slow down while processing a flailing skid slinking into the kitchen.

She is 13. THIRTEEN. You wonder why you have no friends? You act like a baby!

Grrr thanks for the vent! Oh and she still has a 59% in English because SM hasn't uttered a peep. LOL

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

They aren't little ticks, but I can see what you mean. She's just acting out, trying to be a different character, and be funny. It's really started getting on my nerves lol. I should tell her I'm taking her to get tested.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Sally, I was deep in thought last night when she knocked on the door to say goodnight to DH. She was quick and got the hell OUT because I ignored her. Stop coming into my damn room at bedtime! SD13 also raises her hand at the dinner table when she wants to speak, like a first grader. She is trying to be cute but she is making herself socially awkward. She'll raise her hand, and when DH acknowledges her she'll start with, "I have a question..."

Well, DUH, you dumb skid, you're sitting three feet away from us with your fricking hand in the air. We have told her over and over, just start your damn conversation already. By the time you get to your point (30-40 seconds later after the "intro"), DH and I have lost interest and have moved on lol.

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

DH gets tired earlier than her and settles down. I remind him now and again to say goodnight downstairs.

The other night she came in at 9pm (bedtime) and had a bunch of questions to ask DH for a project. I spoke up immediately and reminded her that she'd had all evening to speak to DH! Why are you asking him NOW when we are all trying to get to bed? DH immediately defended his little butterfly who is now sporting boy's underwear.

Last night it was 15 minutes before bedtime and I asked SD13 why she didn't do anything on her chore list. It was an easy day for her and I was kind and agreeable. She immediately said she didn't see the chore list, which is always printed out every Sunday night for the upcoming week, and put on the kitchen table. I replied, "Just because it didn't jump out and bite you on the hand doesn't mean it wasn't there." LOL She got all huffy and started checking things off, like giving the dogs water and taking her allergy pill. I told her it was 5 minutes before bed. DH chimed in that she needed to change into her PJs and brush her teeth. She just stood there with a pen in her hand, marking on the chore list.
Moon: What are you doing?
SD13: (no response)
Moon: You don't have to worry about today, go upstairs.
SD13: (scratching furiously on the list, silence from her)
Moon: (FIRMLY) WHAT are you DOING? Your father just told you to get upstairs! Are you hard of hearing?!
SD13: I'm circling things for tomorrow!!

Moron is circling things on the list when there are already X's in the boxes so she knows what to do when, lol. Idiot.

I told her she was too young to be losing her hearing and to MOVE IT! It takes her FOREVER to get ready for bed.

DH will be out of town tonight........... }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:)

~ Moon

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Oh, I had to let DH know how I felt about SheSloth being invited into our room! Oh, hell no! He used to tell SheSloth to come see him to tell her goodnight. Then, while I was trying to go to sleep, they would start arguing about something...since all arguments always seem to start at bed time. I made him start going to her room for goodnights! And if she wants something after we are already in our room, she texts him, and he goes to her. My room is my sanctuary, and she has no business in it all all!

Notacelebration's picture

We did the chore list thing. She never did them, and DH didn't bother to check unless I reminded him.
Got tired of parenting DH.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

oh I've had the chore list going since Labor Day weekend -- and it has worked! I have been tired of "programming" SD13 to get off of her ass, shower, take her allergy pill.....so there is the list, and she has been sticking to it.

Her grades however......faaaaalllllling.........lol, but its only been 2 weeks this term. Seven weeks to go!

~ Moon