You are here

BIO mom gave me a present

Roxyrow's picture

A bar of Mud soap. Still pissed she's so downright disrespectful. I put her kids on the bus every day, feed her kids every day, bought them Christmas presents.

Trying to figure out how to get back at her discreetly

Roxyrow's picture

No olive branch..I got her founded on DCFS charges this year and documented so well she signed a court order giving up custody a few weeks ago.

JEEMudder's picture

Agreed

Orange County Ca's picture

Absolutelly - pretent the intended message went right over your head. Hand written card telling her you're delighted with the gift and hope so glad the two of you can be friends now.

She won't believe a word of it but she can't call you a liar either. What a opportunity.

jumanji's picture

As far as soap goes, it's pretty pricey AND works well. I think you may be reading too much into it...

thebrokenrecordmachine's picture

My Ex is a complete asshole. However, last year he had a baby with his teenaged girlfriend. I think it is important that my daughter know her half sister. So every Christmas I get my daughters half sister a present. My ex shows no appreciation, same with the mother. I get him a gift to ALL from my daughter.
But I believe with your situation, the BM aknowledging you,definitely shows a level of maturity and maybe perhaps she has seen the light and has witnessed that you do take good care of her kids. Its a start hopefully in the right direction. Think of it as a token of appreciation and nothing more.

mimi719's picture

See, this topic just has me thinking - what gift would I get for BM (not seriously):

-A Parenting and Discipline for Dummies book (The boys aren't your buddies, they're your children.)
-A Book on Manners (since my SSs clearly aren't learning them anywhere, but here)
-Something that shows what minimum wage is (chores at BM's house are paid TOO WELL - $10 just to take out the trash? I'll go do it!).

Oh, I'm going to be thinking things up for days now...

stepmasochist's picture

oh my, I just thought of the perfect gift for my stepkids' BM.

A box of condoms in a "HO HO HO" bag.