You are here

Time with daughter without stepdaughter is that too much to ask?

Roxyrow's picture

Last weekend DH took DSD-12 shopping. He was suppose to take her somewhere in another town but didn't want to take her. This weekend I arranged a date with my daughter who is 19 to do lunch and a little shopping. She does not live at home and I don't see her too much I just wanted us time. DH wants me to take his daughter when I said I didn't want to he said I see no big deal..I just want quality time with my daughter is that really too much to ask?

dragonfly5's picture

^^I totally agree with this^^^ Really? Your daughter you figure it out DH.

I am going to see my daughter in two weeks. I didn't ask. You have your kids I have my daughter.
I am my daughters' mother. The skids have their mother..aka Crazo.

Sueu2 has it right. Sweetie, biod and are spending the day alone. A little mother daughter bonding time. I am sure you will find something to do with YOUR daughter.

I don't keep the skids, watch the skids, drive the skids around unless I plan it and I want to. Which by the way is very, very rare. Maybe twice a year.

Stand your ground.

VioletsareBlue's picture

My DH has asked once or twice but understood when I said no and why. Then when SD17 had a fit (slamming things in the kitchen, being a jerk) because I was doing something with my SD alone, DH told her to knock it the f*** off then had a long talk with her about jealousy and how dare her try to make me feel bad. She hasn't acted that way since.

dledden's picture

tell him no. every time my DH has to work on a saturday or whatever, i ship his SKID right over to mom mom and pop pops house so i can have alone time with my bios. tell him you want one on one time with YOUR kid. that's it. you are not taking sd with you!

christinen's picture

I don't have kids of my own yet, but I am going to agree with the others and say there is nothing wrong with you wanting alone time with your daughter! Even though it hasn't happened to me yet, I know when I have my own child I will want lots of time with him/her without SD.