You are here

Giving up the fight

Roxyrow's picture

We've been at this custody case for over a year now. Our lawyer is asking for more money we just don't have it guess it's game over and $3,000 down the drain..Will there still be some kind of visitation order out of this one was never established?

Orange County Ca's picture

Not unless someone asks the court for one. If your attorney completely abandones you I'd suggest the parent write the court directly explaining that because they have run out of money they cannot pursue custody any further and can the court issue a "standard visitation order so I can at least see my kids on a regular basis"?

NJStepmom's picture

I am putting the paperwork together for my fiancé's custody battle for his son. I have family court experience, although I am not a lawyer. It really isn't hard and you have nothing to lose. I live in NJ, where are you?