You are here

More Bathroom Drama

SMBlues's picture

OSD and YSD spent the night Saturday. While SO was picking up his precious cargo, I put out wash clothes and towels. I put out a fresh bar of soap. I have a linen closet in my bathroom...where I put my facial bar soap. I did not want anyone to mistake it for body soap.

It was shower time and YSS went first. After he showered I went into the bathroom. YSS didn't ring out his clothe, but that's ok because I did the same as a kid. What YSS didn't do was use the soap I put out. He went into the linen closet and got my facial soap and used it. He was so bold that he didn't even put it back in it's case.

I inhaled and exhaled and went into the living room. I told YSS that the soap he used was facial soap and not soap for the body. I asked/told him I put soap out, did he not see it. He replied with an ohhhhhhh. He did apologize. His dad offered to buy me a new one.

I further explained before using anything in the bathroom please ask, everything in there is not your dad's.

bearcub25's picture

I have found that my SSstb18 wouldn't care if I told him not to use something. I have a checklist of stuff to get out of the downstairs bathroom, that skids use, when SS comes over.

Can only have 2 clean towels in bathroom. He takes multiple baths all nite long and will use up every clean towel. Same with washcloths.
I put up my body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. I went on a girls weekend trip and he somehow used all of my deep conditioner, even cut open the tube, and almost all of the other stuff.
Only cheap toilet paper. I only use Angel Soft. SS will go thru a roll or 2, depending on length of stay, while he is spending his multiple trips and hours to the bathroom.

He will be 18 in approx 55 days. His visits will be cut off, or very short, after that. DSO is aware and if he doesn't like it, he and his kids can find another place to live as I have owned this house for 30 years.

I should be able to use my own bathroom or at least not have to run around picking stuff up when he decides he wants Daddddyyyy to come get him.

Acratopotes's picture

hold on... why did SS think he could go into your bathroom? I am confused, do you only have one bathroom..

then next time if you have your own bathroom and they have a bathroom, lock your room, if you share... lock the linen closet.
And yes - he will replace it with a new one...

secret's picture

I pre-empted that kind of thing by purchasing a basket for each of them from a young age, and filling them with their own hygiene stuff... includes toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, facecloths, qtips, bodywash, shampoo, conditioner, floss, bars of soap, body lotion, moisturizer, deodorant, razors.... when they need replenishment they let me know - they each have a shelf in the cupboard in the upstairs bathroom, that's where their stuff goes, that's it that's all and anything else they MUST ask to use.

I taught my kids that just because I have something, doesn't men they get to use it... I don't know what I'd do if my kids somehow had the impression they are entitled to use anything in their home. It's my stuff, it's my home, they're the kids - they need to ask if it's not theirs. Just because they live there doesn't mean they rule the roost.

thinkthrice's picture

Your skid uses soap??? Mine did ye old soapless, play in the water for 25 minutes straight "showers" (patent pending)

The toothbrushes were never used--not sure why I bothered taking them out of their wrapper.

As for TP, I would buy the most cheap, highest content of unrefined wood pulp TP, septic tank safe, of course.

Acratopotes's picture

they only used the soap cause it was not in plane view and in a cupboard, hence knowing it's SM's... use it to show her who's boss and to piss her off

thinkthrice's picture

Yeah definitely a control thing. My skids were a little young at the time but I did catch SD going through my things at age 8.5 so it was only a matter of time before they would pull a stunt like this. They PASed out before they got to this stage.

DaniAM73's picture

SS15 doesn't use soap. SS12 takes pride in his appearance. I guesd SS15 can stand his own funk.

Cover1W's picture

I was amazed he LOOKED for soap.
The SDs will use all the soap, and then forgo it when it is used up and none is left in their bath area. They absolutely will not get another bar (located right in front of their sink, stacked on a shelf - because no one can put it away). DH has do to it for them.

Don't get me started on ANYTHING else in that bath because I will lose my mind.

No Name's picture

When younger my SD's took my make up and not the inexpensive stuff either. I saw that it was missing and yelled to my BD and asked if she saw it. I knew that it wasn't her but you know you can't ask the skids because that would be accusing.
The next trip to the bathroom I saw that it magically reappeared.
Before or after that they stole expensive lip gloss that I had purchased for my daughter for either dance or theatre. I knew exactly where it was, they were here and it was gone.
That was probably when I began to hide things or leave things in my car until they went back with BM.