You are here

Remember me?

cpreston's picture

He didn’t leave
The 27 year old leech didn’t leave

DH wanted to know that he would be ‘responsible’ enough to pay the bills living in Uncles House

It’s been two months…he’s paid $300

That’s NOT the $550 a month we said he needed to come up with to cover what we’d need to keep the house for Uncle as long as possible

His girlfriend moved out, but now she comes back and stays at our house at least once or twice a week

Did I REALLY think he would be responsible?

Really?

So, I act like he doesn’t exist

Until… he leaves dirty pots and dishes in the sink

So I sent a text message

“I really would appreciate your not leaving dirty dishes in the sink. When I come home from work and have to clean up before I can start dinner, it’s a hassle”

His response:
“CLEARLY they were soaking… Stop trying to pick your little fights and make your smart little comments”

I wanted to respond… with vitriol and I wanted to tell him what a lazy, good for nothing A$$hole he was!
Instead… I showed my husband the entire exchange

DH confronted leech and leech says that he’s tired of my always nitpicking at him
DH had my back and said “she cleans the house top to bottom every week, she cooks meals for whoever is willing to sit down and eat, and she BARELY speaks to you because of the way you have treated her and have not lived up to your responsibilities in this house
You CANNOT say that her asking that you not leave your *cking dishes in the sink for HER to clean up us nitpicking!

Then told him that HIS CHORES are to clean the bathroom that HE uses every day and to vacuum the living room that HIS kid drops gold fish and cheerios all over EVERY WEEK

(I don’t know if he’s going to actually do these chores, my husband is still not willing to kick him out on the street because of the grandbaby but I have a very small bit of satisfaction knowing that he’s got my back when it comes to this asshole leech son of his)

forgotten wife's picture

I only hope your DH continues to have your back since he won't make the jerk leave. In my experience, the DH will eventually accuse you of being petty and not "caring" and it will all be your fault.

You might want to address this before it happens.

cpreston's picture

The grandson is 20 months old
The girlfiend moved in two years ago and only JUST left recently

The Leech has never paid rent, nor has he EVER really done anything of any significance to help out around the house

My 13 year old daughter has more responsibility than he does…

I nearly left back in July because of the stress in our life

I have been hospitalized because of colitis caused by stress in my life

My husband KNOWS where I am and what I will and will not tolerate
He KNOWS that I am beyond caring about any of them anymore

I mean, I CARE about what happens to the grandson, but I’ve already been told by the Leech that I am not the grandmother, I am NOT a step-mom I am NOTHING but his father’s wife

He knows I don’t really care about the step-son and I have good reason to not care

You can only take advantage so much
You can only treat someone with disrespect so much
I don’t think I will ever have a decent relationship with this leech
I don’t CARE if I ever have a decent relationship w/ this leech

Shannon61's picture

Why can't he afford his own place? It's time for him to go. How about he moves out and the grandbaby stays? He knows you're not going to kick him out because of the grandbaby. Does he have a plan to move in the next few years? He's an adult and he needs to stand on his own two feet.

I've been down the same road. My lazy SD used to leave dishes on the stove for 3 days . . and said they were soaking. It used to drive me ballistic (I can't stand a dirty kitchen . . or a dirty house for that matter). She drug her feet finding a job because she knew daddy wasn't going to kick her out. Someone (we still don't know who) sent her resume to a company and she was hired. I thank God for that angel. If SD had her way, she'd still be here doing nothing but causing me grief. And because of all the drama, I don't have a relationship w/SD. One of the happiest days of my life, was the day SD moved out!

Want my life back's picture

When you are a young girl growing up into a woman you dream of having a wonderful family life, one would never imagine the life we are now living- arghhhhh--having some other kid living with me was not part of the dream. Worst still you poor soul a 27 year old male, what is the age difference between you and the SS. Maybe you can start wearing sexy lingerie around the house and be the seductive cougar,I'm sure DH will enjoy it but I'm not so sure he would like the other 27 old male in the house checking you out- that would be funny- hubby might kick him out, primal territorial behavior will kick in- lol

cpreston's picture

Without rehashing EVERYTHING

A) it sucks
Dirol he’s got “issues” or so my husband believes
C) my husband lost a son to suicide 14 years ago and has treated this son like a piece of veal ever since
D) he’s living home because he’s never left… because of all of the above
E) he’s never had a real plan to move out… that’s the problem
F) I’ve been the ‘bad guy’ for wanting him to leave, because husband is so concerned about the quality of life for his grandson
G) My husband won’t “demand” to see his finances… he’s asked and then been told that it’s “None of your business” which sent me through the roof. But if/when I get involved in these discussions, it winds up that my husband and I get into an argument because I made the situation worse, because I don’t know how to speak to his son (wtf?)
H) I am 43, my husband is 57 my step son is 27 my step-daughter (who is as nearly perfect of a step-daughter as anyone could ask for) is 33 I have a 13 year old daughter

He makes okay money. He walked away from a VERY good job with benefits because he felt “out of place” and that he was never going to have an opportunity for advancement (everyone that worked there had been there for YEARS and he has never been into anything for the long haul)

ctnmom's picture

I won't tell you where I was/ what I had accomplished at age 27, don't want to be a broken record, but a 27 year old man living with other adults is just patenetly ridiculous. It's unnatural- that's why your so stressed and have health problems. This can't be good for your daughter either.