You are here

A new low!

ETexasMom's picture

Skids just can't accept that Dh is going to go out with his wife on New Years instead of having a drunken frat party with his kids. SS had granddaughter 4 years old call and ask Dh if he would come over and have a sleep over with her tomorrow. :jawdrop: Really!!!! How low can you be to try to use the granddaughter to get daddy to come spend the night with you instead of going out with is wife.

LONGTIME SM's picture

OMG! Why do they always have to make it a contest they will sink to any level to win. I can not fathom what they are thinking when they make such lame attempts. Who in their right mind thinks it is appropriate to assume that dad would want a sleepover with a 4 year old instead of going out with his wife. Sounds like since you took away the frat party they are desperate for a baby sitter plus if they could entice him they could stick it to you in the process!

ETexasMom's picture

They don't even want a babysitter!!! All the steps have decided they are going to have their frat party at SS's house and are upset DH isn't leaving me at home and rushing to spend New Years with them. They are way more worried about spending New Years with DH then they are about spending it with their spouses. Ever since he didn't go to their "family" Christmas dinner that I wasn't allowed to go to they are in overdrive trying to get DH to talk or hang out with them.

sandye21's picture

Go out and have a good time, and be sure to tell SS what a wonderful time you had. Rub it in big time. SS deserves to get nailed after using his little 4 year old daughter to nail DH with the guilt card. If I were you, I would insist on going out on New Years from now on.

Indigo's picture

That is low. I must have missed some posts, but why are SS and others trying to cut your DH away from you? I'd have thought they were looking for a free babysitter, as well, but if the party is at their house?

ETexasMom's picture

They've always done it and MSD is usually the instigator. At her high school graduation she told DH she didn't have enough tickets for me but then gave tickets to random people like her sister's boyfriend's whole family. Then posted tons of comments on line how happy she was it was only "family" there. They have always had bonding dinners with dad where only them and him were invited. Back when they were teens it wasn't that big of a deal usually just DH picking them up and spending some time alone with them before coming to our house. But as they have gotten older they wanted to continue and it's been noticeable that they aren't daddy/kid time but daddy without stepmom time. When the dinner started being them and their spouses and their kids I pointed out to DH he was the only one without his spouse and it wasn't right. DH started to see some of the rude behavior. At MSD's wedding she said they were only doing wedding party pictures and then had her MIL's boyfriend's in the pictures and everyone's spouses except me. That seem to be the last straw for DH. He stopped going to their stuff I was excluded from. So they are ramping up their game. Since nothing else is working they are now trying to use the grandkids.

hereiam's picture

Hahahahaha! What an ass your SS is.

Your steps need to grow the hell up. Who wants their dad at a drunken frat-style NYE party, anyway?

Yes, I am an adult but my dad is still my dad and I do not party with him (he doesn't drink but...). I don't even remember the last time I even SAW my dad on NYE; I spend it with my DH and my dad spends it with... oh yeah, his wife.

Did they plan on giving your DH a big 'ol NY kiss at midnight, too? Are they mad that he will be kissing you, instead?

Your steps are so weird. And stupid. If they want to have a decent relationship with their dad, they might want to stop trying to come between him and his wife.

enuf's picture

Post plenty of pictures on FB and celebrate that your dh has chosen you instead of siding with his kids. I wish I could say the same thing. That really communicates to me that your dh loves you which is wonderful.

My dh has chosen his single ds47 instead of me. They both get to be with each other. I am out the door on Jan. 6th and I am getting so anxious that it is 6 days away. I wish I was gone now.

I guess the next step for dh70 and ss47 is incest. They could have co-written a book in how to date your elderly father or your middle-aged son. :jawdrop: Gee, it felt good to write that.