You are here

It Happened!! A Twit Free Christmas and It Has Been Great

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

DD and her family got here on Tuesday before all the bad weather hit. We had an absolutely delightful Christmas Eve and a very peaceful Christmas Day.

All are either asleep or watching tv now, the dishes are done, etc. and I am having a nice cup of hot chocolate while I post. Wonderful and I hope I can have more of these.

I think DH was hoping that I would say something about inviting Twit and her pathetic bunch over for Christmas Eve or today. Heck, I was loving having the time with my DD and her family.

Only two things happened with Twit....we received yesterday, in the MAIL no less, a Christmas card from her. I had to laugh to myself. She had signed it from all of them including her "babies", the adult losers. Really, these "babies" are all over 21 and she is still signing their names like you do with little ones. I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying to DH that I was surprised the USPO didn't lose it as they seem to do with everything she claims to send me, but some things are better left unsaid to him. Wink

Then, this morning early she called and wished us a Merry Christmas. I didn't talk to her, DH did and passed it on. Me thinks she was fishing for an invite, but I didn't offer and DH, smartly, didn't ask. And that was it!!

Oh how nice to have a friendly, loving bunch of family around. Presents for all and we didn't get carpy greasy cheap items from my family. DH got a nice pair of house slippers, the good ones with the soles and heels from DD and her hubby and the GK's gave him a nice polo shirt. I got nice gifts as well. None of the greasy, used grill sets and resin plates from the thrift shop but things that show that when they shopped for us they thought about what we would like and want.

Even DD commented on how nice and peaceful it was. Tomorrow we are all going to the show to see that latest Night at the Museum movie. Truly a blessed Christmas.

LostinSpaceandTime's picture

So happy for you to have had a peaceful day and visit with your family. May it be the beginning of many more.
A Merry Christmas indeed!

Yes it was. Whenever Twit is around every one walks on egg shells because, well, you just aren't comfortable around her....she knows EVERYTHING, has to have the last work on EVERYTHING, she is the best, has the best house, family, etc.

DD said this morning that she was glad Twit wasn't here, that it hurt her when DH and I opened the Twit cheap insulting presents and were expected to gush with pleasure or she would feel bad, start crying, want to leave.....you get it. As DD said, it was hard to watch DH and I being humiliated by her.

still learning's picture

Congratulations for you! It's amazing how the absence of one person can bring so much peace. The same happened with DH's family. We had a nice gathering with everyone BUT ss30. I have no idea why he wasn't there. I didnt ask and no one said anything about him. There was laughing and cheer rather than ss30's nasty glaces, yelling and drama. Merry Christmas indeed!

sandye21's picture

"I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying to DH that I was surprised the USPO didn't lose it as they seem to do with everything she claims to send me --"

Had to laugh at that one, SDM!!! LOL

Glad you had a good Christmas - it was a 'present' you deserved.

Hi Sandye - Yep, I really had to bite my tongue hard not to say that to DH, but it was best left unsaid. I'm not stupid where Twit is concerned. I have had her number for awhile. Now that I am reading up on her type I know more of what I am dealing with.

Sadly, Twit needs her fix and she must be getting desperate at the way things are going. We are spending time, the holidays, with MY DD and her family and you can bet the farm Twit doesn't like this one bit. I say let her stay at her place and have the holidays with her loser bunch. I mean, really, the "babies" are all between 23 and 30 and Mommy Twit still signs their names on a Christmas card to us?

Question: Do you think that people like Twit consider their children as part of them, hang on to them tightly so they can't break away? Stunt their emotional growth to keep them in a failure to launch pattern?

ltman's picture

Yes, they're so used to an unhealthy relationship they have no idea how to maintain normal ones.

sandye21's picture

"Question: Do you think that people like Twit consider their children as part of them, hang on to them tightly so they can't break away? Stunt their emotional growth to keep them in a failure to launch pattern?"

Yes, this is yet another characteristic of a narcissist. Her children are not people - they are property, used in various ways, to enhance the image of the narcissist. A narcissist will speak of her child's accomplishments, implying that she/he was responsible for them. They are an extension of her. On the other hand, if the children are not succeeding, she will be the victim, "I've tried everything I can, I've been the best Mother to him, and this is the thanks I get!" Speaking of them as 'babies' suggests she is still taking responsibility for them, and is 'helping' all she can, but it's really about control.

Oh Twit is the victim where Drunkie is concerned. How can he do this to her, she talks and talks to him and he still drinks. Oh where has she gone wrong she wailed several times to DH. There too I kept my mouth shut because I certainly could have told her some of her problems, not that she would ever believe that she hasn't been the best mother ever.

FWIW, here we are going into 2015 and Drunkie's DUI case has been dragging on for ll months! Last I heard, through DH, there has been a deal, or at least was a deal on the table but Twit didn't want to accept it because it meant a felony - drunk driving, a fine, probation and court costs. Twit is wanting a misdemeanor and waving of any DUI fines but if he stays out of trouble for a year it will be expunged from his record. I know nothing about DUI laws, etc, but I would bet that the offer stands as it is or you go to court. As I told DH, and he agrees, she should have accepted, got it done and she would have saved a bundle in lawyer fees and Drunkie would have been pretty much done with things; DH said she is being foolish. Now knowing what I do I realize that it is Twit that is running Drunkie's case....it is what SHE wants. CONTROL. She, IMHO, is actually trying to control what the court does. Guess idiots never get it.

hereiam's picture

Yes, they have to feel needed and want to be the martyr. My SD's BM, has always proclaimed that she will have to always take care of SD, as she is incapable of taking care of herself (sigh). Not once did she ever consider teaching SD to be independent and self-sufficient.

Funny part is, BM cannot take care of herself, either. Has to always have a man or live with HER mother.

Everyone has been happy, talking, laughing, sharing. This is how it should be.

DH has been pretty happy too, enjoying the company. Playing penny poker etc. Going to miss them when they leave Monday.

DH came home empty handed. -----

All I can say is all hope springs eternal. Be nice to him, you can bet regardless of what he says on this, if anything, he feels bad.

For years my DH would always say that what Twit did to us never bothered him, he didn't care. But since he has been in counseling etc. he is telling her that he doesn't like how she treats him or me. And of course Twitty gets all upset and cries.

Sigh, DD and her family are gone and the house seems so quite without the laughter and loving they brought.

I did it!! I had a wonderful Twit-free Christmas! No drama, no carpy gifts from her, no Twit temper tantrums and being uncomfortable when around her.

Sigh, I do hope I am able to have more of these. Even DH is in a wonderfully mellow mood, he enjoyed having them.

Now I am going to shoot for a Twit-free New Year's Day and more peace and quiet. THIS is how our golden years should be for as long as they can. Sooner or later we will have the tribulation of dealing with illnesses of old age, etc., but until then....