You are here

Hi All - What have you all been up to?

shes driving me crazy in my retirement's picture

Not much here with the Covid etc.  Grieving is tough - when you think you are on an even keel something brings up a good time and, there you go again.

DD and family are fine, as is Scully.

I have heard from my ex's nice daughter several times.  Even got a very, very nice Christmas gift from her at Christmas!  She is nothing at all like the Twit.

From what I hear, the Drunkie has been in jail for an incident where he killed someone (car crash) while driving drunk.  That was before H passed.  Fatso is still fat.  And the ones that didn't invite us to their sanctified wedding moved to Germany, but I think you all know about that stuff.

I guess Twit contacts her sister now and again to brag or to dish out dirt on people, but that is about it.  The good sister has no time for her.  Though she did tell me on one of the messages Twit left her Twit was bragging about how she now cleans houses!  Guess the pot and pan business scam ran out on her.  She also wanted to get in touch with me but the good Sister said no, no way would she give out my information.  The lady has smarts.

So, how have you all been spending the never ending Covid close down.

Survivingstephell's picture

How nice to have an update!   You are a legend around here, your story gets recommended every so often.   

hereiam's picture

It's so good to hear from you!

I had missed your last few updates so had to go back and get caught up. I am so sorry about your ex DH. I cannot help but think if not for Twit, and her coming between the two of you, it would not have ended the way that it did. Of course, she would never think that she had anything to do with it. Not the divorce, nor his death. Even so, I can't believe that she would think you would want to hear from her.

I am going through some things and just wanted to let you know that reading what you wrote in your August post: LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO MAKE THE BEST OF IT FOR YOURSELF.  REMEMBER--NOTHING CHANGES WHEN NOTHING CHANGES, has made my day and has given hope and a new perspective. Thank you.

Stay well, Sweet Lady.

Why thank you kindly ma'm.  I do agree with you that if it were not for Twit and her never ending problems my Ex and I would have stayed together.  And you are right, she probably has no clue that she is the root of that evil.

Twit is the very last person I ever want to hear from.  But then she is obtuse to common sense and thinks she is the bell of the ball, so to speak.  She does nothing wrong and everything is because of you.

I must say I did wonder about her new found job cleaning houses.  Twit is someone who wants someone to clean her house so she can parade around with the socials in the nearby historic town.  I briefly wondered what is going on with that unless......as she has done in the past.....the person is elderly and Twit is in there to see what she can get.  Remember, the last neighbor she "helped" she expected him to give her his house for her kindness.  There always has to be something in it for her.

SteppedOut's picture

I am glad to see you are moving forward with your process... grieving is a process. It's difficult to grieve under "normal" circumstances, but you had a more than normal circumstance. 

You were not able to fully grieve the loss of your marriage - nor really be angry at your ex for causing the issues that led to divorce before you had to grieve his death. That makes it more difficult, I would think. 

I am still happily far far from stephell. Covid stinks, but we are making the best of it. Family time and working on a garden! We did venture out to a park for a couple hours today - it was nearly 80 degrees!

Things will get easier and soon not so many steps back as you keep moving forward. 

StepUltimate's picture

Love hearing from you, thanks for checking in. You sound well instead of STRESSED OUT/BURNT OUT and it's a beautiful thing to see. I followed your journey on ST & prayed for you; so grateful for your wonderful daughter & the unconditional love from Scully (pets = PURE LOVE!) are part of your sane, healing, support team.

Grateful for your inspirational transformation into freedom & healing, really admire you and so glad your life is so different now. Biggrin

Exjuliemccoy's picture

How wonderful to get an update from you, dear lady! In this year of uncertainty it's great to hear you, the family, and Scully are well.

You will never know just how many others you've helped by chronicling your step experience. Sending you a great big cyber hug!

tog redux's picture

I love that his kind daughter keeps in touch and sent you a gift. That just goes to show who the real problem in the situation was (Twit).

Glad you are well.

She really is quite nice, and smart.    She sent a gift card and a box of good chocolates.  As far as gift giving.....no one expects the Hope Diamond etc., but one does expect something better than absolute CHEAP garbage like Twit gave - along with the crying about "It's the thought that counts."  Ex could never quite get it that when someone gives you carp, like she did, THAT is what they think of you.  And remember, Twit always expected something expensive from us.

Oh well, that is water under the bridge and LONG GONE.

advice.only2's picture

So good to hear from you, and glad that Twit is over in her part of the world and no longer touching any part of your life.

Merry's picture

I was thinking about you just the other day and was hoping you were well. Great to hear from you!

I always think of you when my skids are making me nuts (rare these days) and remind myself they are not Twits.

Rags's picture

Give rose

It is good to hear from you.  I am so happy that your family is well and that you are progressing with  the recovery from your grief.  Twit is gone, no longer invading your life.  Coming down from the years long  hyper state of awareness  when toxic is no longer present can be difficult.  It was for me when SS turned 18 and we no longer had interface with the SpermClan.  Particularly SpermGrandHag.  Enjoy the calm and peace.  Take care of you.

We are all well though Covid has killed my career search.  I am doing some consulting.  Fortunately my incredible bride's career is booming.  I had the second Covid vaccine on the 8th, DW has her first on Wed, and my parents had their first yesterday AM.  SS just re-enlisted for 6 more years and will celebrate his 10yr service anniversary in the USAF in 3 weeks.  His mom and I are very proud parents.

Please give Scully a scratch behind the ears for me.  Don't be a stranger.

CLove's picture

Good to hear from you! Glad that you at least got one Sd that was nice to you. Grieving has no time limits.

We are doing surprisingly well for this lockdown. Bought our house a few years ago, bought a fishing boat last year. 

Toxic Troll, at the beginning of things last year, went to Hawaii and also Disneyland. Without kiddos. NOW, she is not working and has made a full time job out of enabling Feral Forger to remain jobless, without drivers license. Also, she is wanting half the child tax credit, because she "gave us claiming rights". She hasnt filed a tax return for 2019, but did for 2020. However it was only so she can get a stimulus check.

Munckin SD14 - She was failing her freshman year of high school with the distance learning. I found out a few weeks before the end of that semester. She pulled things up to C.

This semester, is doing ok, but is refusing to do her violin assignment recordings. She had asked me to help keep her on track, and promised to do better, but now is starting to regress. Not much I can do. She is still a sweetheart. Still enmeshed. Texted me that "Things are tough with money for US right now". I try to remind her that SHE is fine, but her mother treats her like BFF and lays all her problems on kiddo.

Feral Forger SD21 - no job, lives with Toxic Troll, still no drivers license. Which is fine, shes taking 1 college course online. Goes out and parties.

That about sums things up! 

Thanks for the update.

Good to hear we are all making progress, in one way or another.

As I look back and read my journals I sometimes wonder why I didn't just grab my stuff and run for the hills.  I believe ExH had a good heart, but he just could not push her away when she was being evil, yes, evil.