You are here

One man's trash...

stepmom008's picture

This is something that irritates that absolute bejeezus out of me. SD9 will take GARBAGE out of the recycling bin and transform it into something artsy so that she can play with it. That's right... GARBAGE! I have told both of them repeatedly that I think it's disgusting and why, when we're trying to get rid of clutter, is she allowed to take things out of the recycling bin? He tells me I'm squashing her creativity. I tell him it's garbage and she's got enough as it is. She doesn't need anything else and that it's ridiculous that he allows her to play with garbage. She's a pack rat and feels the need to save EVERYTHING. I got rid of plastic margarita glasses because I got real glass ones. He was all excited that I cleared them out but then I see that she's got one in her room. How is it any less cluttered if it's in her room? Then there are times that he tells her she can't save everything but then doesn't do anything about it. He's so inconsistent with her, it makes me crazy! GARBAGE!!! Ugh.

Pantera's picture

You aren't alone, hahaha. Now that you've posted this, I feel like they are teaching them to do this in school, lol.

"If I turn into another, Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me" -Incubus

stepmom008's picture

No kidding. Her teacher lets her bring recyclable crap home to clog up my house! I'm about to send a whole bag of crap to her so she can see what that feels like...

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

soverysad's picture

Here is my rule regarding clutter - if you want it, put it away because if I see it where it doesn't belong at the end of the day, it will go in the trash (outside) and you will never see it again. SD likes to keep every damn piece of paper she puts a scribble on because "isn't it beautiful, daddy?" As long as it is in her file cabinet (she has a small desk and plastic file drawers in our office) and the drawers all close properly or in the box in her closet that we put keepsakes in, it is trashed.

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy" and you can't change crazy!!

stepmom008's picture

Excellent - I'm going to have to try that.

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

onehappygirl's picture

Things just disappear in my house. I have no idea how that happens! [innocent eye batting]

Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine!!!

stepmom008's picture

Scratch my last reply... I'm gonna try THIS!! Biggrin

melis070179's picture

This is what I do too! With my OWN son's things!

"I child proofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!"