You are here

My rent-controlled brain

stepmom008's picture

I've been trying to stay off of Steptalk this week because I felt that I was beginning to rely on you guys too much but I am so pissed off this morning, I just need for people to listen to my vent.

I figured that there would be a shit storm this week because of what happened on Sunday night. SD9 is at Wilda's this week so Sunday night she got her in such a tizzy about getting everything ready. I mean, the kid was a mess. "I promised Mommy I'd get everything ready tonight." She was practically in tears, she was so stressed out. So I told her if she thinks she can get everything ready in the morning and she's comfortable with that then just do it in the morning. BF was pissed because once again, Wilda's dictating what goes on in our house. Does he do anything about it? Of course not. He picked up his phone to text her to quit interfering but then decided it was useless. Even after SD went to bed she was awake worrying that the dog was in the middle of the street and actually got up and stood by the door for 5 minutes waiting for the dog to come inside. A MESS. After we got her squared away I forgot about it and went about my business until this morning. I couldn't believe that she'd been so quiet this week so I looked at his phone. There were a million messages from her saying that things need to be taken care of on Sunday night and how she ALWAYS has everything together and ready. The only reason she thinks she's so perfect is because he doesn't make a big deal about the stuff that she forgets because it's inconsequential. THEN she said that I'M the one that stressed SD9 because I didn't LET her pack anything and that he needs to tell me to back the hell off. WTF???? I mean, now I'm wondering if that's just her blowing everything WAY out of proportion or if it's SD not wanting Wilda to be mad at her and telling her it was me that said not to worry about it.

Now I'm all pissed and allowing her to take up space in my head. BF did text her back and say that Wilda had her upset and anxious on Sunday night but he didn't defend ME. Why does he do this and why will he not set boundaries with that woman? I know that this is exactly why he doesn't tell me about her bullshit anymore, because I get so stressed out but this is ridiculous. She's obviously jealous of me and the time that I spend with SD and now she's pissed because I took away her control of my house. I just wish that we didn't have to deal with her. Unrealistic, I know but I'm allowing myself to fantasize about no Wilda today.

Most Evil's picture

Oops just saw this but I hope you are feeling better? To me it sounds like W. making a mountain out of a molehill. I understand preparing in advance but it sounds like W. is teaching SD to be rigid and anxious. Don't let W. have ANY FREE RENT!! lol So sorry honey

stepmom008's picture

Wilda lives in a constant state of anger and self-imposed stress and she's definitely passing that along to SD. Plus her inherent need to control everything makes life difficult for all of us. I think the thing that I'm most annoyed about is that BF still hasn't told me anything about the texts. I admit I'm being a bit passive aggressive but I asked him this morning if she was being crazy in her texts or just her normal bitchy self. He said she was pretty much just being a bitch but in my mind, that's defending her. For her to tell him twice to tell me to "back the hell off", that's being crazy. I'm sure I'm just getting myself worked up about nothing but BF's lack of dealing with her, setting boundaries, and defending me really upsets me. I need to go back to not checking his phone anymore - ignorance is bliss.

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".