You are here

Just not looking forward to the weekend

SMof2Girls's picture

I love my skids, and love spending time with them. I dread any time that may overlap with BM.

SD6's birthday party is this weekend; her actual b-day was this past Wednesday. This was supposed to be DH's long weekend; BM withheld skids yesterday, so he'll be getting them tonight.

BM kept them home from school yesterday because they were "sick with fevers" .. primarily as a ploy to keep DH from picking them up from school. That was confirmed when SD7 told us on the phone last night they spent the day at the pumpkin patch picking pumpkins and doing hay rides.

This realization came AFTER BM sent an email to DH (out of the blue) saying that she hates sending skids to his house because she feels their health and welfare is always in jeopardy, but she does it anyway because she's forced to.

BM has been pretty nonresponsive and won't confirm drop off tonight. I'm sure it's because she's out and about with the skids yet again.

I'm also suspecting that because DH made as stink about her withholding his day, she will show up at SD6's party Saturday.

I just don't feel like dealing with it. I'm tired, work has been stressful, and I would prefer to spend a low key weekend without the drama.

/end rant

TASHA1983's picture

Same here. Can't stand the brat. I DREAD and get a knot in my stomach every Wedn and EOWE prior to the "invasion" schedule hoping that he will continue NOT wanting to come over.
So far, so good. Wink

SMof2Girls's picture

Eh .. I like my skids. They're not bad kids .. it's the drama that I'm sick of. Just ready for all this custody dispute crap to be over, ya know?

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Nope. Me neither. SS14 has been acting SO immature lately it's been driving me crazy. I've had an exhausting week and I just want some peace.

Patsy's picture

Same here I am not looking forward to the weekend either. It is DH's weekend. SD17 can not drive over b/c the car is not allowed for overnights. So I picture my DH showing up to pick her up and of course she will not be there. There will be no support from BM to find SD. DH will come home upset. I will have to talk or rather "counsel" him for a few hours before we can even get our weekend started. What he doesn't know is I have a romantic night planned for Saturday because I know this is going to happen.

SMof2Girls's picture

DH asked for some of this when he scheduled the damn party. I tried to warn him; he insisted.

I look forward to time with the kids .. the party is the only part I'm really dreading. I don't like Chuck e Cheese even without BM drama.

We've been through enough with BM and lawyers and courts to know that she'll likely never pay any consequence for withholding on his days. Which just empowers her to do it again. DH's lawyer is already trying to roll this contempt charge into our response to the papers we get served with .. whenever we get served with them.

Patsy's picture

EXACTLY! Child support and visitation is more about a power trip for the CP's in most cases! SO SICK OF IT!

Patsy's picture

Ok so it already started SD is texting her demands for this weekend. Dh says Sd is arguing with him. I said text BM a time you will be there and show up. No reason to argue with a Frickin 17yr old!

SMof2Girls's picture

Agree 100%.

SD7 has started with this. Mostly because BM puts her on the phone to DH and makes her ask him why she can't spend the weekend at mommy's ..

I assume it will get worse over the next 11 years.