You are here

BM changing the schedule last minute. God I hate summer

MyNest2012's picture

Summer in this household sucks. My mother in law slept on our couch all week watching SD6 for DH during our week. She left Friday. It's the arrangement DH decided was best. I tried to stay out of what BM and DH do with SD during the summer, and I ended up with my in-laws on my couch.

Today I made breakfast for DH (SD wanted to serve him breakfast in bed) so we did that but did anyone make me breakfast on mother's day???? To all step moms that answer is obvious. I made father's day dinner, cleaned the house, laundry- all those normal weekend chores. DH sat on his ass the whole day.

BUT I kept thinking SD is going to her mom's Monday and I'll get a week of peace and quiet. Until just now, when BM texted out of the blue and asked if we can watch her next week. So, not only is SD not leaving, my sister in law is coming to watch her while we are at work next week. I will have another person on my couch, eating our food, an extra person to clean up after, cook for, dirtying laundry. I'm like hello, daycare???

I don't mind keeping SD, I enjoy her the majority of the time and we have the normal gripes about her most parents have about their 6 year olds. BUT I HATE thinking we have a schedule and then letting BM fuck it up last minute. And I HATE having my inlaws on my couch for five straight days every other week.

And lately when we have SD we can't even talk, I can't even sit on the couch without SD interrupting, playing rough with us, doing anything to get our attention. It's too much, I find myself sitting in my room most of the time.

I'm pregnant, fat, hot, and right now really frustrated about this whole thing.