You are here

It's nice to inconvenience BM once in a while

MyNest2012's picture

Something funny happened yesterday and I just wanted to share with my fellow stepmoms.

Yesterday DH and I went to the movies around 5:30. We had just sat down in our seats when BM texted DH.

"Where are you we're at your house and you aren't home." HAHA. She was trying to drop SD off at our house without asking or even calling beforehand. They had previously agreed SD would come to our house memorial day. So her dropping by on Sunday was completely unexpected.

I'm proud of my husband, he didn't even reply just turned his phone off. Needless to say when we got out two hours later his phone was filled with angry ranting texts from BM about how rude he is for ignoring her when she was trying to do him a favor by LETTING him see his daughter early.

Some favor. Sounds like someone needed a babysitter. I'm so freaking glad we weren't home. Lmao.

Craving Normality's picture

That's fantastic. I think this kind of stuff needs to happen a little bit more often so the BM knows she isn't it the driving seat any more.

SMof2Girls's picture

Awesome! BM tried something similar with us recently .. it's fantastic to watch them meltdown and threaten with everything they've got only to cave in the end.

neverbeenhereb4's picture

Nice