OT - Tuesday Museday
Yes, yes. I'm stealing this from Engelbert Humperdinck. (Thanks to my mother, I grew up on EH music.)
Anyhoo... It's getting close to a year since my job went into quarantine and I've been musing about what has changed, what I like/dislike about the rules and regulations, what I wish would end/continue...
- I no longer loathe WFH and want it to last forever
- The commute is stress-free (20 feet)
- I'm cooking a LOT more (7 days a week)
- Greater wilingness to move out of my cooking comfort zone
- Didn't think it was possible, but DH and I are closer than ever
- I enjoy being at home because I prefer minimal socializing, which means...
- No need to make excuses to get out of social invites
- (Love!) Maintain a 6 foot distance. Hey, I'm a Finn and 6 feet is caca. 6 MILES would be better! *lol*
- Wearing a mask. Yes, I wear it without fail, but I bloody well detest it, get a rash when wear time exceeds an hour, and am on the verge of a panic attack the entire time (courtesy of things my psycho exh did to me and of which we shall not speak)
- Those who get p!ssy with me because I won't be part of their little rebellion (my sister)
- All of the damn arguing. Covid and the vaccine have joined the list of UN-topics: religion, politics, and xxx.
- Distance at the movies, restaurants, etc. Not looking forward to being in the theater with someone hogging the armrest or kicking the back of my seat.
- The ugliness. Wouldn't it be something if kindness became the new norm?
Do YOU like Engelbert? *biggrin*