OT - Eff Off/Forn Friday
Is anyone else counting the hours 'til the weekend begins? (3.75 hours for me!) What a week. Blech.
Eff off to:
- The 3 Cs
- A childhood friend lost his mother to cancer this week. No time is a good time, but right before Christmas is especially sucky.
- My sweet stepsister will be undergoing surgery right after Christmas to remove cancer growths from her spine and kidneys. She lost her husband to cancer a short time ago.
- Covid. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! *dash1*
Craptastic King Pita. That effer needs to be abducted by the aliens in The Twilight Zone "To Serve Man" episode. I've got one nerve left and that effer is seriously twanging it.
- Mail delivery. And it's directly tied to the 'rona. A friend mailed a package to me Priority on December 4. I received it an hour ago. Good thing it's not perishable. Wednesday, I mailed 3 packages using Priority, which should have been plenty of time for them to arrive before Christmas. Now I'm worried they will arrive after MLK day. Sigh..
- Glitter. I could not find one bloody box of Christmas cards with an acceptable message without glitter. If they had no glitter, the message was nothing I'd send in a million years. What the effing eff. I found a piece of glitter on the tip of my pen (I thought the ink was running out). I have glitter all over my desk (I vacuumed the damn thing!). I found a piece of glitter in my bowl of cereal! Eeeeeeeeffffffffffffff!!!! (Evil Aniki is now fighting the urge to send a glitter bomb to BioHo...)
Forn is a combination of 'food' and 'p0rn'. Whatcha cooking for Christmas? Anything special? Since the skids aren't coming over (effing Covid), it will just be DH and me. No point cooking all of that food for just the two of us. So I'm taking a step out of my comfort zone and making some Cornish hens stuffed with a spinach/mushroom/rice mixture (must buy some sherry for that...). I may also make yeast rolls for the first time. Doesn't that sound nice and stressful! *lol*
Wishing you a stress-free and peaceful weekend