You are here

Use Your Brain!!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Today has been a day FULL of SD14's attitude, when she wasn't sleeping!

SD14 knew last night that she was going to MIL's tonight for the week while we are on our vacation. I finished our laundry by noon, and SD14 knew this. She spent the entire day laying I the couch (half of which she spent sleeping). SD14 was so spread out on the couch that DH told her several times to sit up so he could sit without having her sweaty feet all over him!

When MIL calls that she was on her way to pick up SD14, she suddenly decides she wants to do laundry...this is at 6:30 pm! I tell her she doesn't have time to start laundry, and then the attitude goes into full mode. "You never told me you were done!" I pointed out that she watched me walk out of the washroom with my basket if clothes, and that she knows I only ever wash one load, because I don't wait for my laundry to build up. Also pointed out that the washer hadn't been running for hours! I pointed out that if she hadn't slept the day away, she would have noticed! She tried to deny being asleep on the couch, and when DH pointed out that she was asleep for several hours, he got the "whatever" with all the attitude in the world! DH didn't address any if the attitude, as SD14 stormed of to pack dirty clothes after DH told her she was just going to have to wash at MIL's.

In the process of all of this, we were hearing up left overs for dinner. I told SD14 to make her plate, and she just stood there and with attitude said, "I'm waiting for dad to get off the phone so I can ask if I have time to do laundry!" This was after she was already told she didn't have time! I told her again to make her plate because she needed to get moving...that it was possible to take care of more than one thing at once!

So now she is slamming things around in her room...all because she isn't being allowed to do laundry befor leaving! DH pointed out that she had all day...this wasn't some last minute thing she suddenly found out about (like just the notice she gives us when she wants or has to do things). We are all packed, and all she had to do was throw a week's worth of clothes in a bag!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Oh...don't remind me!!! I fear the day this girl has kids! I'm certain they will be total brats just like dear momma! I mean, as it is, SD14 takes so much after her mom it isn't even funny. I've been married to DH for nearly 12 years now, we've been together for 14. During the last 14 years, BM has always demanded that things be her way, and when they aren't, she throws a huge fit! SD14 is much the same way. She is so lucky I have no ground to do to her what I would do if she were my bio-child! Internet privileges would have been gone a long time ago, phone would still be on total lockdown, that boyfriend of hers would not exist, and forget color guard...that would have been the first thing that went after her little week of "fun" during winter break!