You are here

On the verge of a nervous breakdown

jen122277's picture

I had posted before. SD14 was in crisis center for 2 weeks (cutting, suicide threat, piercing, disrespect). She honestly did these things because she didn't feel she was getting enough attention. Now I do admit, her Father was not paying tons of attention to her because of attitude, grades, ect... she was quite grounded when she pulled all this.

Now she is home and all he thinks about is her, it has gone from one extreme to another. He picks her up from school, He helps her with her homework, she cooks dinner with him, then they go play video games together! He pawned off picking me up from the train after work (I get home the latest) on his Dad. I get home, no hug, kiss, "How was your day" just "look what I made for dinner"... When I went to join them for a movie, I had to ASK to sit on the couch... and when it was time to goto bed SD looked disgusted that my BOYFRIEND was some what in a cuddle with me! WTF does this kid want! This is the 2nd day in a row this has happened, the first night, not so bad, me and my boyfriend were on the couch and she was on the recliner. Would it have KILLED my boyfriend to say "Hey, move over SD14 so Jen can join us"....

I am having a VERY rough time with work and my parents right now. I started having panic attacks, I cannot stop crying and I feel like my feelings mean NOTHING because I am an adult.

So NOW, SD14 is back, the only priviledge she has really lost is her stupid IPOD, and this is what SHE WANTED...

Now my boyfriend said I was wrong months ago saying she was acting innapropriately!

I cried myself to sleep last night in the guest room because boyfriend was snoring too loud for me to fall asleep.

I don't want to leave my boyfriend, but I feel like I am being treated unfair.

Any thoughts?

mommy_of_4's picture

I think you are too!! It sounds like he is feeling guilty. He is trying to fix 14 years in a few days. its sad though because SD14 has gotten what she wants and now knows exactly how to manipulate him. I have an Sd17 who doesn't do all that but she manipulates him all the same. Its really vomit inducing to watch her put on her act. She just turned 17 this month. A few months ago she found out she was pregnant. So instead of being this mature and oh so grown up person she claims to be, she sat in front of daddy and lied through her teeth. I seriously couldn't believe how she poured it on. All crying telling daddy how her baby daddy was her first and that the condom "must" have broke. She wasn't sure though..LOL. Now heres the truth...he wasn't her first, she actually sleeps around. At 15 contracted an std that she was more then willing to share with her now baby daddy. As for the condom. Well she convinced her bf not to use it because it felt better without it...her intent was to trap him because their relationship had been on the rocks..well since it started. Now she thinks in june when the baby is due, that they will play house and he will stay with her and they will live happily ever after!! And all while she continues to manipulate daddy dearest every chance she gets!!

KiwiGon914's picture

This is a funny subject because my DH had gotten temp/cust. But back story first, BM was a big whore, they got divorced, and she did a bunch of irresponsible things, like leaving the kids to live on their own for months, or leaving them with strangers, while she went to chase her jailberg bf in another state. My DH got TC, and the minute he did the man was treating the oldest like babies, and the youngest like regular kids. (he felt the youngest favored the BM more than him, until i corrected him about that because i didnt think it was fair) They all favor their mom more if you ask me. But anywho he treated the oldest like babies, wanted me to pick SD14 up from school everyday. But im like no, because shes basically already grown!!! So i stopped (she was walking with friends anyways why should i have to leave the house extra early (stop what im doing) to go pick up a grown kid up from school! and i have younger kids STWINS9 to pick up!), now SD14 has an attitude i guess, and also my little sis gave me her twitter account info to log in and see what SD14 is writting, and she's no little girl nomore if you know what i mean. I held back this info from DH because i feel he's going to pick a fight with me...I wanna show him though. SS12 is pretty fine though, like he's a doll, he's independent, school works alittle off, but he's a sweet SS, wouldnt trade him. He runs little errans for me when i need him to. But yeah i could relate, i think eventually it will wear off and my DH will you know be normal after this whole thing is over... He wants babies so bad, and it'll come soon, but stress doesnt help...I think lately, the pass few days have been a sweet few days, since i got my ring back, and im just off of my monthly period, it changed cycles, and im going to take it easy, and let the love making take its course!!!lolz sorry for TMI. Sorry guys i just felt so comfortable.

gingerbread's picture

yes, first of all he's just a boyfriend and you are being treated unfairly. You need to look at your future. As a 'seasoned' SM, you continually be treated unfairly for a very long time. If she's only 14 now, 4-6 years is a long time to deal with what you dealt with in 1 evening. Take this horrible night that you experienced as a 'warning' there are many guys out there who have no children. Seek the ones with out children and start fresh!

Peaceheart's picture

I totally agree with gingerbread on this. Also with many years as being a SM, in my opinion, this will go through many stages and not too many of them will be good. If I knew then what I know now with my stepparenting situation, I would of run lke the wind....in the opposite direction. Sorry!