You are here

Just a question...

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

What does a well-endowed 14-year-old need with a push-up bra? The dog got into SD14's trash, and I found tags from push-up bras in the dining room! Boy...DH is in trouble! I can only think of one reason for a girl with, well, plenty to want to boost them up further! ATTENTION...and the wrong kind! Oh, boy...DH has his hands full with this one! The only thing that may be protecting him from being grandpa right now is the eating disorder, because he surely isn't smart enough to put her on birth control! Hopefully, the eating disorders have her system screwed up enough that she has already given herself fertility issues!

mannin's picture

I'm on the bustier side and I wear push-up bras for the support not for the attention.

I know your SD is a nightmare, but I think the kind of undergarments she's wearing isn't your business.

But here is the problem...she purposely wears lower cut necklines, even though she knows DH disapproves, but because he never makes her cover up. SD14 is seriously ready to pop out of the top of her shirt 90% of the time...the other 10% she is in her guard stuff that comes all the way up to her neck.

I'm pretty certain she has already bought a thong or two with her Christmas money. Remember, she wears leggings as pants, and there aren't any lines there.

JustAgirl42's picture

I would actually rather go 'commando' then wear a thong if I'm worried about panty lines. I think they're unsanitary. ***breeeeeaaatthhhhh*** ahhhhh.

jumanji's picture

Eh - my daughter finds a thong more comfortable. She wears fitness underwear during season/practice/games, though. And yes, wears push-up bras for support/comfort. Her body, her choice. But, she is also nearly 20.

38smofteens's picture

My SD14 has little boobs but keeps having mom buy her these ridiculous too big bras with lots of padding and it's looks crazy.

Disillusioned's picture

At 15 my YSD was wearing thongs (and low cut pants or super high mini skits so it was sometimes pretty obvious Biggrin ) along with super tight, revealing clothing.

She also went from a normal healthy weight to a size zero seemingly overnight

All of this screamed "I want attention" to me, and it got her attention. She had other attention-seeking tactics as well

As her SM, I stayed completely out it - unless I feared for her physical safety and well-being of course

I know you don't like your SD and it makes it worse, but at the end of the day what if you were to think "so what?" So what if she wears a push-up bra and clearly does a number of things to make her the centre of attention. Seems she has self-esteem issues and needs support/help Sad

My YSD is in her late 20's and still wears skin-tight revealing clothes (and she's once again a healthy weight thank goodness but it's more obvious) and I still think she suffers from a constant need for attention, needs to be noticed

And again I think, so what. Everybody has their challenges in life. I look at the whole picture with her. She's a lovely person on the whole who makes an effort with me and whose company I truly enjoy.

Do I feel bad that she needs a certain type of attention? Sure, but it's her business not mine and I really don't give it a whole lot of my mental energy in getting worked up about it. If she looks particularly nice in something I pay her an honest compliment telling her how beautiful she looks. If she doesn't, I simply compliment her on something she has said or done that is nice. I pay no attention to what she's wearing regardless of how revealing/dramatic...I focus instead on looking/acting/performing MY best and let others deal with their own behaviour, unless they are being disrespectful to me in some why

I hope there are things about your SD you actually really like, and can focus more on these things, and let the more minor (to some extent typical 14 year old girl) stuff not get to you

I know it can be hard Sad and I truly wish you all the best with it