You are here

Guess who didn't go to school today?

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Yup, yet ANOTHER day missed! Wonder what her excuse is this time. Didn't want to get wet in the rain? Oh, maybe the results of the AP Theater try-outs were posted, and she didn't make it because they checked out her grades!

Girl should just drop out now and get her GED!

Rags's picture

Funny how engaged parents with standards have great relationships with their kids. Whether the kids are turds or not. Smile

No Name SM's picture

I thought that was me posting except this would have been two years ago when SD DIDN'T get into AP Theatre cause her teacher saw no effort put in and she would have grandma take her so she didn't have to ride the bus in the rain! haha!
I wondered who else was getting rain, checked your profile. Its pouring where I am in Texas too.

Yeah, there has been lots of rain...but I have not seen anything about any kind of school closures due to flooding...so if HHB is staying home on count of rain, it is because she just doesn't feel like going! I've also caught some posts that indicate that there is more drama with the color guard back here at her old school...or at least that is what she is claiming. I find it hard to believe that they would go out of their way to start trouble with her. Another scenario I thought of may be that HHB actually wanted to try out for color guard at her current school, but the two guards know each other. I mean...HHB only lives about 15 miles away from us now. Her current school holds an annual color guard camp that she has been to the last two summers with her old guard, and the two schools see each other all the time in competition. These girls know each other. So my thinking is that the girls at the new school got wind of all the drama at the old school, HHB starts texting the old captain telling her to stop talking crap about her, etc. Now, of course, she is all butt hurt and blaming everyone else for her mess. But that is only something else that came to mind.

IslandGal's picture

It's such a shame when BM's don't appreciate how valuable education is to their kids. They need to go to school no matter what - unless they are genuinely ill.

One of the most ridiculous things BM has ever done is the rule she invented for her kids. She told them that she'd allow them to take one RDO (rostered day off - her term) a month off school. This could be a day where they just wanted to "unwind" and give themselves a break. I thought SO would have a friggin' hernia when he found out. An email war began where emails flew north, south east and west over their arguing and him trying to understand her reasoning. Her actual reasoning was: "well - if they were working, they'd be entitled to a day off!". SO's reply was "they are NOT working - they are at school and need to attend every single day".. BM's reply to that was.. "haha..I feel sorry for you..".

Well, I don't know if BM even finished high school. Would have to ask DH about that. I do know that BM has made a life for herself living off of other people, and I guess she figures HHB can do the same thing.

Rags's picture

This is the main issue that we had with my Skid's Sperm Clan and one of the primary drivers for him to ask to be adopted and to take my family name.

They told him from when he started Kindergarten that school was not as important as spending time with them and that he should prioritize them over school and that CS was taking food out of the mouths of his 3 younger also out of wedlock Sperm Idiot spawned half sib's by to other baby mamas. That was a mantra they stuck with until the Skid aged out from under the CO when he turned 18 and once they realized he was not going to nail them for 4 more years of CS for college. Then they stopped bitching about CS. The supplemental county rules for Sperm Land county where the CO was issued requires the NCP to continue to pay CS for college students in good standing with their university until the kid's 22nd birthday. The only difference is that at age 18 CS stops going to the CP and goes directly to the kid.

Once SS enlisted in the USAF the Sperm Clan stopped all contact with him for more than 2 years except to apply guilt to try to get him to send money to support his 3 younger half sibs.

He is working on his BSCS and doing well in his USAF career. When we discuss the relationship with the Sperm Clan and financing college he is very clear that no amount of money from them is worth having to hear their bullshit. Fortunately, the USAF is paying his tuition bills so letting them off the hook did not adversely impact his studies.

Well, looks like someone didn't go to school AGAIN today! That is 3 days she has missed this week, which means that she surely owes hours! That is also 3 days that she isn't hasn't worked on what she has had to make up on the computer.

I wonder if they will even share HHB's semester 2 grades with DH. 3 weeks left of school...wonder if she is going to pull this out of her ass! DH seriously needs to start throwing a fit about this! I can't see how he can just sit back and allow BM and HHB to collect thousands of more dollars because BM refuses to be on HHB's ass about going to school and passing her classes! That's a year's worth of money coming out of MY pocket as I continue to have to cover what DH can't in his half of the expenses while he pays an extra year of child support to a couple of lazy asses!

And you KNOW HHB will not do summer school...that will cut into her social life too much! I'm SOOOOOOO praying the girl drops out of school! I know it's bad, but I really am praying she drops out of school! She drops out, and child support stops...BAM...on her 18th birthday! I feel like continuing to pay child support past the date HHB should normally graduate is just rewarding BM and HHB for being lazy! I mean, it would be their fault! DH did actually stay on HHB about passing her courses and going to school...while she lived with us, she made at least the minimum grades to get her credits, and missed maybe a total of 5 days of school in 2 years! When HHB up and moved back to BM's, she had 1 absence for the school year so far. She transferred with all credits she should have received for high school up to that point (as the semester ended right before winter break). I find it hard to believe NO ONE in that house watches her grades and attendance! You would think that step-dad would want her launched, and would be looking it up and getting on BM. That's what I did when the girl lived here...oh hell no...she was not going to be in this house after May 2017!! I would gladly look up her grades once a week and report to DH when there were missing assignments and low test grades! I would be on his ass to be on her ass!