You are here

Gold Stars for DH

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

He's just earning them like crazy this weekend!!! Maybe he is finally getting it!

First, last night....putting his foot down about the braces (which SD15 only wants for cosmetic reasons), telling SD15 there will be NO new wardrobe for school, and telling her flat out she will have to prove herself with a cheap "dumb" phone before he will even consider anything better.

Today, we went to Old Navy because SD15 claimed she needed sports bras for guard. Ok...reasonable request...and she hasn't gotten new sports bras for at least a year. We chose Old Navy as it was inexpensive. SD15 then states she "needs" shorts that she can move in for guard, and wanted the short, short wind shorts Old Navy had. DH put his foot down and said no!

Then, came dinner time. I was watching a show in TV a couple of days ago that really got me craving a good veggie bolognese! At the store this morning, picked up some good organic veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, portabella mushrooms, tomatoes, fresh basil and garlic) and some good hormone/antibiotic free beef. In other words...still cheaper than going out to eat, but definitely not trash-worthy food...high in nutrient content and lacking junk. DH served up SD15's plate as usual...didn't give her any more than I had taken (and I don't have a huge stomach), and made sure it included plenty of veggies! SD15 tried to argue she wasn't hungry...all she had to eat today was a chicken sandwich for lunch. DH made SD15 eat every last bite of food...telling her she doesn't eat enough...especially the good stuff. This is after SD15 has been playing up a bruised foot all day (the bruise finally came through this morning)...telling her if she wants to dance as she claims, she will start eating right because he is tired of hearing every 5 minutes that she hurts!

So some gold stars for DH! Please pray this lasts!

Oh, and the subject of SD15 taking over BS19's room when he leaves for college came up again! I stood my ground as SD15 tried to claim "he not even going to be here!" Finally convinced DH...SD15 can move into the dogs' room...her current will become the dogs' new room...but only after Christmas! The closet in the dogs' room is bigger, and mostly full with the tree and all the bins with Christmas stuff...said it would be easier on me to go through the closet if these things were already out in use. SD15 was not happy, because she wanted to move like this weekend! Sorry princess...room is currently under my control with my stuff in it..will go through it when I wish!

Oh...she has been told. But this is the girl who has always played up injuries! When she was like 5, she fell and threw her hands in front of herself like most people do. SD15 hurt her right wrist. BM, like always, took SD15 to the ER. X-rays found nothing wrong! Doctor said atost it was a minor strain. SD15 cradled her right wrist with her left hand for like 3 months...saying it hurt too bad to do anything! BM let her get away with it...DH didn't! Every time DH would tell her to stop during visits, SD15 would basically fake-cry that the pain was so bad!

Yeah...dance isn't for the weak! I go to hip-hop classes. We had a sub that had us doing things outside our level, and my shoe stuck wrong on the floor and fell on my knee hard. This was a week and a half ago. Bushed off and kept going. After I got home, I notice the bruise and knot when I put on shorts. Just iced it and went on! Bruise ran it's course, and about gone now. BUT...I also eat right! Same bruise on SD15 would have taken a month to go away, because she doesn't take in nutrients required for healing, and doesn't really have good blood oxygen flow (evident be constant cold hands and feet, and regular muscle cramps).

tiny kitten's picture

My SD7 was being a twit one day, jumped off a half-wall, and landed funny. BM insisted on taking her to the ER "in case she broke her ankle." It was the second week in a row that she'd banged up her leg at BM's. So she took her to the ER, and YEP! MINOR strain!
Two months on and SD still goes on about the time she "broke her leg."
I love SD, but whenever she says it, I want to tell her "you didn't break anything, I've had worse injuries running, and your mum is a dickhead for taking you to the ER and wasting everyone's time."
She also asked to stay home from school once because she had a "sore finger." Sorry, kiddo, we're not like your mum. We're not going to use whatever excuse we can not to take you to school because we can't be bothered dragging our arses out of bed.

It's maddening, isn't it?

Orange County Ca's picture

Well good for him. Now you be the nice gal you want everyone to you are and suggest that she could move into Dogs room providing she keeps her old closet until Christmas.

Well, we have a 4 bedroom house. When BD23 moved out, BS19 moved into her old room (note, I said moved out...moved completely out...not go to college and leave stuff here and come home for summer and holidays, but moved completely out of the house). We didn't convert the extra room into anything, but rather it started collecting stuff. We don't have an attic, a garage, or a lot of non-bedroom closet space. So, the pile of Christmas bins that were in the corner of the exercise room were moved into this room, along with DHs tools, etc. At that time, we only had one dog, and he slept with my son. When we took in BS23's dog, she was a bit hyper. I didn't feel right putting her in a kennel all night. Also, as our dog got older, his tummy started getting more sensitive, and BS19 would come home and find unwelcome "presents" on his bed (because he always wanted to be in there), so we had to figure out something with our dog. So, we got a couple of good sized dog beds and put their bowls in this spare room, and that is where they stay at night. They've gotten so used to having their own room, they will even go in there on their own during the day and just chill in their beds. Works well for everyone.

There are many, many reasons that I don't want SD15 in BS23's room. One...it's HIS room! He isn't moving out...he is going to school! He's taking his clothing and a few other small things, but the bulk of his stuff is staying here, and he will be home for summer. He deserves to have his space left in tact, so that he still feels welcome when he comes for visits...not like he has one foot out the door. I want to encourage summer and holiday visits. Second, it is way easier to sneak out of BS19's room than either SD15's current room or the dog room. Differences related to the room being at the front of the house as opposed to the back of the house. SD15 already has a "sneaky" history...don't need to add fuel.