You are here

You can't tell me...

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

So, DH shows up with SD15 last night expectantly...he wasn't supposed to pick her up until tonight. When they get home, SD15 is stomping off to her room and nearly runs me over...not so much as an excuse me (I was coming out of the dogs' room after giving them water, and she is storming down the hall with her head in her phone...if I hadn't seen her because I was paying attention, she would have totally run me over). DH is in our bedroom at this point, and I simply say, "Change in plans again?" He goes on to tell me that SD15 supposedly has color guard practice this week that she "didn't know about until one of the other girls called her and asked where she was"! Really? How is it that every other girl on the squad knew about practice, and SD15 didn't? But DH is really buying up SD15's story that she knew NOTHING about the practice this week...maybe it was because she wan't paying attention? I mean, if it was only every now and then that she "didn't know" about practices, that would be one thing...but she ALWAYS never knows about practices until the very last second, when it is obvious the other girls knew well in advance! SD15 is always trying to blame the coach or the captain, but seems the problem is SD15 if she is the only one in the dark all the time!

So anyway...I flat out told DH that I was not playing taxi this week. He assures me that it is already worked out...one of SD15's friends is picking her up in the morning, and it is an all-day thing, so he will get her after work.

Well, this morning, DH needed to drop me off at the car dealership on his way in, because the turbo went out on my car on Saturday, and it was fixed and ready to be picked up. So, he leaves me at the dealership at 7:30 a.m....right when the doors open. They process me out rather quickly, so I'm on the road by 7:35 a.m. At this point I'm thinking...I don't need to be online for work until 9:00 a.m., so I'm going to take my time...stop and get Starbucks, stop and get some breakfast for me and BS19 (as SD15 is supposed to be gone by the time I get to the house). I'm on my way home...8:22 a.m. (practice starts at 9:00 a.m., and SD15 has no clue where I am at this point), I get a call from SD15 saying I need to take her to practice because her ride backed out on her! I'm still a good 10 minutes away from the house at this point. Yeah, I know...just tell her no and deal with it...but here is the problem with that...I tell her no and make her stay home, I'm stuck with her all day in this crappy mood directly aimed at me because I told her no, and DH no where around! So, what is the lesser of evils here...playing taxi this one morning, or putting up with SD15's BS for the next 10 hours of my day! I'm not happy about either choice, but decided that taking SD15 to practice is better on my entire level of stress! I make it clear to SD15 that she needs to find a ride for the rest of the week. She probably won't...she just rolled her eyes at me when I told her that, and when to checking herself out in my car mirror! She did that the entire 15 minute drive to the school! UGH!

DH and I will surely be having a talk tonight...this is certain. I'm not playing this crap! Not to mention, the practices are totally illegal! UIL (the governing body in our state for extra-curricular) has it plainly stated in their rules that NO practice can be held between the last day of school and the first Monday in August for any activity, with the only exception being volleyball, because their season starts before the first day of school (they get like a 2 week difference in their start date). So what the guard is doing...if it got out to the UIL...would disqualify the entire band from competition this year!

But yeah...didn't know about the practice? That is BS! Every other girl knew! And we aren't even going to go into the state SD15 left my kitchen this morning just in making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! I mean, how many places can you get jelly while making one sandwich?

LOL...that would mean she would actually have to have money to pay with! Remember...this is lazy brat who does no chores...doesn't even clean up after herself (i.e., the jelly ALL OVER my kitchen). She still hasn't worked off the makeup DH bought her months ago, that she agreed to work off, but has a huge fit anytime she is asked to do anything.

LOL! Unfortunately, birthday was months ago...any money is gone. Money burns a hole in that girl's pocket...has to spend it as soon as she gets it, even if it is on junk food at the corner store. She just has to spend it...as quickly as possible! Hate to see her if she is ever on her own. She is going to be one of those folks BD23 complains about. BD23 always tells me about her old friends from high school always complaining they don't have money to pay their bills. They work, but the second they get paid, they go party and go shopping, and then wonder why they can't pay their rent! THAT will be SD15!

The school is about 10 miles away from the house, and the only means to get there are 2 very busy highways with no shoulders. Otherwise, oh heck yeah! We are also out in the country, so no public transportation...which really sucks at times like this.

Personally, I don't even think she should be in guard. There have been enough things that she has gotten in trouble for the last year that guard would have been one of those things that would have been taken away if it were my kid! Extra-curricular is a privilege! Drinking, smoking pot, sneaking out, having and lying about an e-cig, trying to leave school without permission...yeah, I would have made her drop guard a long time ago! But DH keeps saying it is good for her to be in something...UGH! Good for what? She isn't learning any of the valuable things that you want your kids involved in a team to learn...oh...like things not being all about you and about being a team! None of the girls on the squad even like her...she has ONE friend on the squad. The others all give her sneers and don't talk to her...I've seen it personally. I know why, too. She thinks she is better than them (has said it herself, "Most of them shouldn't even be in guard! They suck!). Yet, during winter guard, they did better without her in the standings than with her, and she didn't make officer! Makes you go hmmmmmmm...

I have half a mind to make up something....like "Oh, the boss is in town this week and wants me to be in the office for some meetings" Sure, will waste more gas and time than just taking her to her practice, but maybe would make a point. Though, I highly doubt it!

Yeah, I know!!! Bottom line is that DH needs to take the time to take his princess to the school for the practice. Oh, and last night he was going on and on about how stupid everything is (again, believing SD15's story that she wasn't told about the practices until she didn't show up), and that once school starts up again, he is going to march down to the school and complain about the guard coach and band director, and how they don't communicate crap! In my mind I'm thinking, "1) They DO communicate...she never pays attention; and 2) even if it was their fault, how many times have you said you are going to talk to them about this and you don't!"

SD15 supposedly has a ride in the morning. We will see how that pans out.

When DH and SD15 got home today, DH tells me SD15 is going to the movies. When I as with who, he says, "Some friend." Omg!! When my bios were younger, they never went anywhere with "some friend"! They didn't spend the night at anyone's house if I didn't meet the friend and parents first! Friends didn't stay at my house unless I first met the friends and parents. And when I say met, I'm not talking 5 minutes of conversation or a two minute "hi, I'm ______." I mean we talked enough to where I felt comfortable with having a general idea what kind of people they were! Before parting ways, I had their phone numbers, they had mine!

And as it turns out, SD15 and the some friend (who drives, by the way) did not go to the movies! They missed the show time, and went and did something else...at least that is what SD15 told DH when she didn't get home when expected! What happened when she got home? She was just told in a very Disney voice, "well, next time the plans change you need to call me." Gag!

IslandGal's picture

So then DH shouldn't be shocked when one day, SD walks in the door and declares "guess what daddio? You're gonna be a grand daddio!"... yay him!