You are here

Does your skid fall into this category?

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

http://complete-health-and-happiness.com/selfies-narcissism-addiction-me...

A friend of mine posted this to Facebook yesterday, and I couldn't help but think of HHB the whole time I was reading it! I've been saying for a while now that HHB's constant posting of selfies to social media was a sign of narcissism, especially when you combine them with other traits of HHB's personality:

- ALWAYS has to be looking at herself in the mirror.
- ANY little bit of criticism is met with anger. If you aren't telling her that she is the best at something, she doesn't want to hear it.
- Always putting others down and raising herself above them (such as when she said that NONE of the girls on the color guard squad deserved to be on guard, because they couldn't do X and Y as well as she could).
- ALWAYS blaming things and her problems on other people. Bad grades? The teacher doesn't like her or lost her homework after she turned it in. Not making color guard officer or not being allowed on the field because she forgot her jazz shoes? Oh, the color guard captain is out to get her! Junk left in the TV room? It MUST be someone else's!
- Always thinks she is above the rules. She will only comply for like a week after you get on her case about it, and then does what she wants anyway. Don't have a license or permit? Oh, well...it's okay to drive anyway!

Add to all that the fact that HHB cannot post anything to social media that doesn't include a picture of herself, that she has been in about every activity in school and out of school that puts her on a stage (dance, choir, cheerleading, theater, color guard...tried to get into band or orchestra, but no one was going to spend that kind of money on an instrument for it to be another fleeting thing...and DH nixed when HHB wanted him to let her do modeling), loves her hoochie clothes, etc...yep, this article really describes HHB!

jojo68's picture

My SD15 does all those things except for the selfies on social media (although I do see her "posing" in photos on pictures she is tagged in) but I just posted this morning a post about how she is hiding something perhaps a facebook account under a different name. That would be my guess Wink She wears very tight clothes and prances her ass around in front of her dad so I suspect that she does if for others as well :sick:

Very possible! I know a lot of kids do this, so their parents don't see what is up. They create one profile with the name they know their parents would look for, and then another profile under something completely different. One of my husband's younger cousins did this when he didn't want his family to know he was gay, and in a relationship with another guy. It is so easy to create accounts under fake names on social media. I mean, I have one on Instagram because HHB set her account to private, and I knew she wouldn't allow DH or I to follow and see what she is really up to!

RisingtheWave80's picture

Most teens have a Fake Instagram account, they have one on lock down and one the parents know about. I know my SD's second account but its locked down and you know damn well she isnt going to accept my "follow"

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Sounds like my SD19, although I blocked her from my fb page years ago. Aren't these all signs of BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)? I think SD19 has gone off the deep end......

~ Moon

BD24 texted me this morning...guess would back on Snapchat!? Yup, and I looked at her Instagram this morning and saw a tag about #newphone. Guess BM got her a new phone for her birthday! Seems she is still using the SIM from our plan. Seems someone gave her an iPhone 4 (AT&T automatically pulls phone model info of the phone the SIM is plugged into...and that is what shows on my plan overview for HHB). Double checked all of her settings, and the data is still locked, thank goodness! But that is why she is back on Snapchat! Seems Microsoft ended support for the app, and you could no longer use it on Windows phone, which is what HHB had. Hope she knows that people can still screen capture her pics and do whatever they want with them!

BD24 says that HHB posted a snap of her dancing last night, and it was terrible...lol! Yeah, try out for that dance squad! HHB is gonna wish she didn't quit guard!

Right at this very moment, DH won't have it. However, if she starts ignoring him again (as I'm sure she will), I think it would be time to report her phone lost or stolen ;)! That would cause her SIM to be totally deactivated! With DH using Her upgrade, we are still contracted for the line. I could have the number changed and use it for a simple phone for only my personal trainer stuff...could write it off on taxes that way, too. LOL Wouldn't even need to buy a new phone, as I have my old IPhone 4, or could just get the screen fixed on DH's old iPhone 5S.

Rags's picture

My Skid has nearly no social media footprint. He has a couple of pics posted on his FB page but that is about it. He is a good looking young man but he is no narcissist.

My niece on the other hand ...... her face is likely permanently deformed with the duck lip syndrome and she very well may have the most well documented cleavage on the planet. Don't get me wrong. She is HOT, HOT, HOT!! but has not realized that no one gives a shit about seeing your duck lips and cleavage in every possible scenario unless your last name is Kardashian/Jenner.

She picked her parents wrong for that career.

Gracefulsilver's picture

Yep, SD to a T.  Always about her, always in the bathroom infront of the mirror (can't even pee without running into her and having to wait), failing because the teacher does not like her, join this or that and quits because she isn't the best when she walks in, drama galore, threatening others that do not treat her like a queen, and hates me because I won't kiss her a--.  Can't walk alone in 3 cities because of her social media racist activities that went viral including a selfie of herself..  Oh well, not my child not my problem. 

ldvilen's picture

Question?  What happens when a nation of largely narcissists age?  It takes humility to try to change, which they apparently don't have.

Cinderella_Mom's picture

This is a great question and one with no answers. The sad part is we will be the ones requiring care and the generation of self centeredness will be responsible to provide that. Will there be a reason for them to give back to the world?

Rags's picture

We were fortunate.  SS-27 did not do these things. Then again, if he had, it would have been met with a wave of being called out for the bullshit.

If anything, he needs to be less self depricating and not beat himself up so much. 

I suppose that part is in large part my fault.  For not letting him pull the crap you are asking about... just a little bit.