You are here

Anyone else notice?

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

After the talk earlier this week about braces being a fashion statement for so many, and SheSloth wearing those stupid lenseless glasses yesterday, I have a question. Anyone else notice that teens these days have turned into fashion statements things we dreaded when we were their age for fear of being made fun of? It is like now things such as braces and dark, thick-rimmed glasses are cool, and those who don't need them are trying to get them, or wearing fake versions. I mean, I remember in my day, people didn't want braces for fear of being called brace-face and other names. Glasses? There was always that dreaded four-eyes insult.

I don't know...just seems strange to me. But then again, teens these days seem to want to draw attention to themselves much more.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

They think the braces and nerd glasses make them look smarter. Maybe deep down they know they need all the help they can get in that department.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I'm over here cracking up! That could be so very true with SheSloth! "Oh, look...I put on some rims and I look smart!" No, you look stupid because they are not real glasses and everyone knows you don't wear glasses!

over step's picture

SD14 has complained how people are always staring at her and kids are labeling her because of how she dresses. If you hate it so much, the stop dressing that way. But wait...it's not her fault, it's theirs. Never her fault. It's like she's looking for any way to be the victim or start the drama.

Did I mention that she finds pleasure in making fun of people because of how they dress?

Rags's picture

At some point the problems that are caused by others become the individuals problem to solve. SheSloth either needs to own her situation as her own or fix it.

Either way she needs to STFU about it and deal with it.

IMHO of course.