You are here

Unfit Grandparents?

stepmom1989's picture

So BM's mom and step dad (not even considered step dad because BM's mom isn't even married to him). Are constently finding something to harrass us about. They are obviously putting crap in the skids' heads that DH is a bad father, we are abusing them. Then "grandpa" had made threats to kick DH's a$$ on a number of occasions and I used to have texts becausthe skids' grandma that she was going to slit my throat because I wasn't falling for some dumb line of bull crap she was putting on at the time... can't remember, but I should of called the cops.

So what rights do trashy no good bum of grandparents have to be around the skids? I know we would have to prove it. Which will be very easy once we stand up for ourselves on them claiming we abused and beat the skids.

But BM will get all pissy if she can't bum her kids off on grandma and grandpa. But I'm done with the childish bull crap!

unbelieveable's picture

You SHOULD be taking pictures of this abuse if it's physical and documenting everything. SHOULD have called the police after that threat...yes. Then you and DH could have pushed to keep the kids away from those people. BM shouldn't be pawning off steps on grandparents all the time either...Dh pays CS correct? that means SHE is the one responsible for them - we also have this issue where Bm likes to pawn off kids with whomever is around as she is more worried about boyfriends...

stepmom1989's picture

Sounds like your skids BM and our skids BM are two peas in a pot. Boyfriend after boyfriend and pawning them off on whoever.

borrowedtime83's picture

Oh, grandparent drama. The rights of the grandparents depends on how far they are willing to take it. Unless they have custody or court-ordered something, not too many rights. If they are, as you stated, having the kids pawned off on them, they can make up claims of abondonment, and try to make the court see them as the primary care providers for the kids. Not that that is what is going on, but people like that can and will say whatever they want to, and will try to deal with covering the lies as they appear. I would save any and everything remotely threatening, get a harrassment order against the grandparents, if need be. File police reports, if the situation warrants it. I had a situation when my daughter was little, and I broke it off for good with her abusive dad. I had an OFP against him, and my child was involved. His family decided they would all pitch in and hire a lawyer and take me to court to prove I was an unfit parent, with his mother as the leader of the pack. They all wrote statements that I was bi-polar, a prostitute, a transient, and a bunch of other lies, and when they found that was not enough to take away my child, grandma changed her plea and lied and told the court that I had abandoned my baby for over 6 months with her, which on that basis she qualified as a "de-facto custodian", and therefore was allowed to try and get custody. It was a nightmare, and I wish that I had known then what I know now. If you are serious about handling that situation, there is a way to fight it.