You are here

Oldest SD Informs Me BM Is Taken Them Swimming Tomorrow!?

stepmom1989's picture

When we picked skids up this last Sunday, they had terrible sun Burns. Now oldest skid just informed me that BM is picking them up tomorrow to go swimming! What? Their sunburns are better but their skin is still not healed! She didn't use dub screen, which is bull! That's why they had VERY bad burns! Technacally she is suposted to be picking them IP for 2 hours on Wednesdays but she nor I have ever done it. Why now? Why don't I get informed of this "plan". BM should be telling me, not skid. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't be out in the sun till they fully heal. What do I do?

Disneyfan's picture

Have them put on sunscreen before leaving the house. Pack a bottle in their bag and remind them to apply more during the day.

stepmom1989's picture

I shouldn't be the one who should be supplying sun screen. That BM responsibility! They will be in HER care! Oh and its gonna be 110 degrees tomorrow where we live. Hottest day of the week. Great choice BM.... *Rolls eyes*

Willow2010's picture

I shouldn't be the one who should be supplying sun screen. That BM responsibility
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Are you saying that even though the kids are in danger of being harmed....you won't take action because they are her kids?

stepmom1989's picture

Twisting my words. She is the one taken them out in the sun, she should be supplying the protection NOT me! Thats what she gets child support for, to take care of the kids. I've been keeping them inside to heel, I've been doctoring their burns. I do care and if I could I'd be telling her to stick it where he sun don't shine, she's not taken the kids swimming. But I have no authority to say that. And I'm always the one buying medicine when their sick SHE DONT! Its her turn to take care of them, I've warned her about it. So if she don't and they come back with a burn again then ill be reporting it.

SMof2Girls's picture

I think that's what the other poster was saying .. instead of burning $5 on a bottle of sunscreen to PREVENT the burns and protect the kids' safety, you're going to wait for her to let them burn again so you can report her?

If you're really concerned about the kids' health and safety, you'd put sunscreen on them before they leave, regardless of who SHOULD be doing it