You are here

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

Angel's picture

Okay, everything was going sooooooo well. No problems, all quiet on the homefront, back front and side front. The man/child is a senior, getting reading to graduate. The 24 and 28 year olds were going to move out of bm's house and were ecstatic---------------------I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, it was all too perfect.

The girl gets a DUI (goes in the tank for 12 hours) and now can't move out because of $.

And, the man/child is flunking two classes IN HIS SENIOR YEAR!!!!

Kerplunk, went the shoe dropping.

JustAnotherSM's picture

So sorry to hear. I am also dealing with a man/child who is failing high school during his senior year. He acts like a child but wants to be treated like a man. I have hope that someday he will grow up and move away from BM so he can learn how to be a man. It sounds like your skids also have a BM who enables them.

Angel's picture

Thanks for your reply.

So your SS wants to be treated like a man? and he's failing high school. I feel your pain.

Yes, the BM doesn't supervise him much. She isn't too interested in child rearing. It is even worse than that, she doesn't even know how to rear children. Her own mother married a man in prison & used to sell drugs from her home.

I didn't know this before I married my husband. Maybe I wouldn't have married him if I would have known how deep the garbage goes & how long the aftermath would affect me.

livinthedream's picture

Sometimes we get our blessings & its hard to recognize it as a blessing at first. Just like when we didnt get to see the skids for the first two years we were married(illegal).At first, I thought it was the worst thing....then I realized that I didnt have to put up with BM or skids for 2 gloriously wonderful years!!!!!!!!!!

Angel's picture

Yes, that was a blessing, if the skids and bm are horrible! At least you had a couple of problem free years.