You are here

I am back checking in

Angel's picture

on my gal/guy pals. THERE IS HOPE!for you out there. I married my husband 7 years ago. He had 3 kids (9, 18, 23). I had three in there early twenties. His youngest turned 18 last May and I have been in HEAVEN since. The EVERY OTHER WEEKEND visits stopped, CHILD SUPPORT STOPPED and we are absolutely happy! Our children visit us on holidays and we have a great time. All are working (exept the youngest) and doing fine. The 18 year old still doesn't have a job, but I knew that would happen. He is a sweet kid but lazy. But that problem belongs to the woman that raised him. I was the friendly aunt that gave no advice (and they didn't want any either), so since I had no say in the raising I WILL NOT HAVE SPEND A DIME TO REMEDIATE the problem. AND THEY haven't asked either!

I was so miserable for so long, and now I smile EVERY WEEKEND!!!!!!

There is hope for all of you. Please stay strong, stick to your principles and don't let anyone walk on you. The only thing (most of) those kids will remember is the last thing you did for them. I never baked a cake nor dinner (but I was always nice.) I never told them what to do (I made sure my husband did that).

Always be kind to them, but never at your expense. Disengage whenever possible and take nice champagne bubble baths when the stress gets to you.

Have a countdown calendar near.

There is a GOD!

Good luck to you all and keep helping and supporting each other. This site truly helped me cope. Thank you.

ddakan's picture

Congratulations!!!!! You have made it to my goal...18!!!! I'm so proud of you, thank you for the encouragement!!!!

I am 6 months away from his last child being 18 and I am going to plan a BIG vacation for me, dh and our son9.

I can't wait until we are no longer under court orders and we can move on to the next phase of this fiasco!!!

It sounds like we have similar situations...he had 3, i have 3, but we have one together. Life is getting better, but I sure look forward to having that extra 1200 a month for OUR bills and entertainment!!!