You are here

He's thinking of

Angel's picture

getting a job!!!!! My 6 ft man/child 15.10 years/months old said that this summer he is going to look for a job!!!!

I suggested to his father that he start teaching him to drive. He said that it was too soon. TOOOO SOOOON????????????????????

He and the biomom treat this man/child like a baby!
Is it too soon to start learning to drive????

Colorado Girl's picture

It is time to drive. Isn't it the status quo that we learn to drive when we are ABOUT to turn 16? Stick him in driver's education asap.
Let him get a job, let him become responsible!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Angel's picture

that his older daughter learned to drive at 18 so that's when he'll probably do it????????? WTF???? Oh yes---at 18 she graduated from continuation high school & she got a NEW car! I have mentioned before that her highest ambition is to work at Hooters.

So, this 6ft tall man/child has to wait to learn to drive????

The funny thing is is that I never give my opinion. And many times my husband has asked, mind you. He knows I have raised successful children and have taught high school for many years------yet when I do say something, he is sure it is wrong.?????

Okay, back to keeping my mouth shut. When this one turns out like his other two, you won't be able to blame me.

h7's picture

Here in Texas you get a Learner's Permit at 15, then your driver's lisence at 16. I cannot imagine not having something to drive when I was in highschool. I couldn't be stopped!!!

BTW - I also had a babysitting job. I had it full time my junior year. AND I needed my truck because I had to drive these kids to their games & grandparents' & whatever.

Hipi

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

sarahbernheart's picture

Like hipi I had a job at 16 my own car payment at 17 and still graduated with honors.
These bioparents are raising a bunch of lazy - dependent babies..
good gawd they will NEVER leave the nest
rrrrruuunnnnn....

“You will never be on top of the world
if you try to carry it on your shoulders.”

sarahbernheart's picture

My fh ex stayed home but she did NOT raise those kids, my FH would come home and cook and clean while she sat her happy ass in a chair to watch Steel Magnolias ...or Dallas or Peyton Place..
SAHM we see here do have jobs..it the ones that dont do anything I think is frustrating to some of us.

“You will never be on top of the world
if you try to carry it on your shoulders.”

Elizabeth's picture

Parents these days want to give their kids more freedom and less responsibility. SD14 can run around as she pleases, come and go whenever she wants (husband doesn't check to make sure she comes home), etc. But she can't be expected to do chores or do anything but sit on her butt and talk on the phone, IM on the computer, or watch TV.