You are here

Moved out

Mcwilliams293's picture

Well, I moved out had enough of DW bullshit about her needy 20 yr old BioS. As soon as we can sell the properties we own or I clear my debt, I can finally move far, far, far away and DW can be MOM and DAD. Its just too bad for my BioD that she would trash our relationship for a MAN/CHILD who refuses to grow up and actually be a man. This was my longest relationship I ever had, why did I keep putting forth an effort to be here? Oh I was dumb and felt compelled to make sure everyone had healthcare and housing, and take care of her grandmother and mother before they both passed, since I am the Only male in the family that is here and is worth anything.

Oh well at least I have my job that I like.

Siemprematahari's picture

Wishing you the best during this transition. Moving is a great 1st step and you will thank your future self. Keep your head up and look forward to the peaceful moments ahead.

markwvualum's picture

These parents will always defend their bio kids no matter what they do. I have a friend whose son is 24, overweight, lazy and plays video games all day when he is not in class. He eats up all of the groceries in the house and mom still cooks for him and does his laundry. He contributes nothing to the bills. He does not work and attends college part time only. I would not be supporting someone like this. They are dellusional and see them only through rose collared glasses. You are doing the right thing by moving out. It only gets better.

notasm3's picture

I posted earlier about my SIL whose son beat her up and stole her car. She thinks he’s really a “good boy” at heart and treks 100s of miles to visit him in prison. 

Years ago a victim could refuse to press charges. Thank goodness that has changed as I’m sure she would have done that. 

Harry's picture

You can see, this is never going to change.  Guest your DW would rather have a relationship with her son, then you .  That her choice, she has to live with it,

Mcwilliams293's picture

We both worked really hard to to have this life, it just make me mad that I have to start all over and at my age its difficult to think about that. I poured a lot of sweat equity into what we have, I can't believe that my DW does not understand that eventually the SS will probably get married and his DW is probably not going to want to have BioM so involved in their relationship. So what is she going to do force herself into the relationship? Niether my DW or I have any family left except eachother, her parents and grandparents are deceased, same for me, neither had any relations with aunts or uncles in our families.

Rags's picture

Did you take your daughter with you?

Enjoy your drama free adventure.  It will get better with time.

CLove's picture

But so worth it. Im sorry you are going through this, and from what you commented about family, no doubt are doing it all alone. Sending you my best wishes on your new adventure. Its going to be hard, and lonely, you will be sad, and want to go back, but please be strong for yourself and DD.

There is a new life out there waiting for you to claim it!