You are here

SK Showering Issues

pseudo_stepmom's picture

What is wrong with the developmental abilities of a SK's brain? Last time they were over (EOW) I threw a huge fit because I could smell stinky nasty SS12 from across the room. I asked DH at 4pm to have both of the particular SS's to take a shower when they returned from shopping with them, because "someone needs one". I thought I was very polite about it, and I didn't want to embarrass anyone. Well, 5 hours later, I am still smelling it, but from down the hallway now. UGH! And when I walked up to the front room, he was sprawled on my NEW COUCHES with his nasty stinky armpits draped over the arms. EEEEWWWWWWWW! I asked DH why he hadn't had anyone take a shower yet, cuz it had gotten worse (they'd went on a bike ride in the 90*F weather). He said he checked them but could not smell it. He had to of been lying--there's no way in hell that you could not smell that. I reached up to turn the fan on in the front room because I was literally ready to barf. DH threw a HUGE fit/argument/fight for a couple hours that all i had to do was: "ask him to take a damn shower then!!"

Really? I thought I HAD mentioned SOMEONE needed one over 5 hours ago!!! BEFORE the long-ass bike ride! Not my fault you can't smell it. And I don't have a damn clue why you would WANT to go out in public with ANYONE who smells like b.o.

ANYWAY, back to the topic at hand, they had another bike ride today for a couple hours & the same SS is going to take a shower...I politely reminded DH to take out anything that SS did not need for a shower (he has a tendency to take a razor, or anything that could be used similarly, and chop the soap up into tiny little bits & leave it in the bottom of the tub for 2 weeks, or smear conditioner or shampoo all over the tub floor & leave it there, and one time [within the past 6 months **mind you he's 12 now**] shit in the tub and smeared it all over the bottom of it :sick: *WTF!!!*), & told DH which towels were clean for SS to use. DH flipped out *big surprise*, apparently he doesn't need to be reminded such remedial things. Even though I'm the one that ends up cleaning it up, because SS just happens to forget/puts it off until it's time for them to go back to their BM's house, or it sits there for 2 weeks or longer til DH finally makes him clean it.

Back to the shower, SS takes a 20 minute shower, gets out...throws dirty clothes (that reek) in front of the washing machine along with his "dirty" towel. I suggest to DH that since they only are asked to shower once in the 3 days that they visit (which I definitely think should be more often) that they don't need to wad up the towels, that they could instead fold them back up & place them on their own bathroom shelf for the next time they come over. Wow. Don't ever suggest that. **rolling eyes** I went into the bathroom to inspect it to make sure he didn't cut the soap up again, and lo & behold, both bars of soap in the shower are bone dry. Does he not comprehend the reason why he is taking a shower is to wash his nasty stink off of himself? That is the sole purpose of the shower. What the eff was he doing in there for the 20 effing minutes wasting the hot water? :O ...maybe i don't want to know.. but at least I think DH should ASK him how he washed his ass, armpits & feet. UGH

SOOOOOO FREAKIN' GROSSED OUT BY THESE SKIDS. Even the SD8 has the nastiest b.o. It definitely rivals her older brothers' nastiness.

---I do apologize for the length, I just HAD to vent a little bit. And I am also sorry for the repetitive usage of the words "stink", & "nasty". No other synonyms give the smell justice. :sick: