You are here

SD10 is out of control!!! help

Buzybee82's picture

Every year dh gets sd for 14 says straight during summer. dh looks forward to this all year and saves his time off at work to be home when she's here. We got her last Tuesday and were planning on leaving to the beach Thursday. sd has serious issues, she's been diagnosed with adhd & depression... but i think it's more than that. she can NOT handle any situations like a "normal" person could. she freaks out on a daily basis, throws fits worse than a two year old, slouching her back hanging her head down sticking her lip out etc etc. she's one of the meanest, most selfish people I've ever known in my whole life! all she cares about is herself.
this last week was HELL! she was terrible, every day she was being a selfish little shit. everyday she was treating everyone around her like shit, yelling, freaking out, causing sceens, mean looks, not listening, not doing anything she was told. dh usually lets most of this go, but he didn't this week. i think part of it has to do with the fact we have a month old baby and a 2yr dd... plus we were around other girls her age and the difference between them isn't even comparable. i honestly believe sd is evil. part of it is not her fault, she is a product of her mother who is THE worst person in the world, but on the other hand she's almost 11 and knows right from wrong, she just ALWAYS chooses wrong. when she's trying to be nice, and i mean trying cuz it's forced, it's totally fake and soooo hard for her. then when she treats someone like shit, she NEVER says sorry cuz she isn't, but ALWAYS acts like nothing ever happened. she tries to act all cute and sweet and talks all soft and crap. anyways dh had FINALLY had it!!! he punished her and didn't accept her behavior (still not as much as i would, but a huge improvement) i couldn't type everything that happened over the last week because it would take days and days! yesterday dh had to go into work, sd was here with me. sd threw another huge fit within 4 minutes of being awake!!! i called dh and told him, he said "im so done,i can't deal with this! I'm calling bm to come get her!" woo hoo! sd didn't want to go, but too bad little brat! so she got ready and threw another huge fit... all of these are in front of dd2 and while I'm holding baby boy. sd stormed off and waited out side for bm. then as usual sd came back smiling 10 min later like nothing ever happened!!! i wasn't having it and told her she was disrespectful to me, treated me like shit in MY OWN HOME, and she yelled again and ran off.
so now we're supposed to get her back tomorrow! i don't want to! I'm sick of her! EVERYBODY is sick of her! my parents said they're done being around her after the way she treated them! we can't go anywhere or do anything fun with her cuz she will humiliate us and make it miserable for everyone! plus I'm sick of our kids being subjected to this insanity! I'm sick of dd2 being around her, watching her throw fits and doing the same. sd tries her absolute hardest to get dd to hit or scratch her so she can freak out about something else. I'm serious when i say sd has seriously huge issues, no one ever wants to be around her, but they put up with it cuz she's family.
what do i say to dh? ideally sd would stay with bm for the rest of her vacation time... but i don't want to hurt dh. he told me flat out he doesn't know what to do with her. on a daily basis there is about 15 freak outs, she NEVER does what she's told, she never listens, she only cares about herself, she's rude, she's the meanest most selfish person, she's annoying, she's lazy, she poops her pants for attention, doesn't bathe, treats EVERYONE like shit...i could go on but this is already too long.
what do i say to dh to not offend him? i don't want her to come back! if she does come back were not going anywhere for vacation cuz she ruins it! i don't think it's fair the whole family has to sit at home cuz she's ALWAYS in trouble?! dh is humiliated! what do we do?!?

Orange County Ca's picture

The girl is insane. I'm not competent to diagnose what's up but my bet is she has no idea of what happened during her "evil" periods. Literally no memory as if it didn't happen. If a lie detector test existed that would work on her she would be able to honestly say she didn't do those things.

The human brain is incredibly complex and its entirely feasible that she is not being evil in the normal sense of the word. Much like a serial killer has no conscience this girl does not know what effect she is having on others. It just doesn't register. Her needs are all that matters. This birth defect is not going to be corrected by "consequences" or training.

For your own curiosity Google "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome" for causes and compare symptoms.

She needs serious long term psychiatric help probably as a inpatient.

bi's picture

what can you expect from someone who doesn't think it's perverted for a grown man to look at an 11 year old girl's crotch?

stormabruin's picture

:sick: Does the girl have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, or where did that come from?

Buzybee82's picture

orange co knows what he's talking about cuz he's read all my other post. i agree with him completely!!! if she was my child i would have her in inpatient or boot camp! she does not have any compassion, sympathy, empathy, or love in her. honestly i have NEVER been around any one like this in my life, and she's a 10 yr old girl!!! and I'm not exaggerating at all here, this was a delicate post. i honestly fear for my children's safety around this girl... and I'm not the only one! she's honestly the type that would smother a baby with a pillow to get it to stop crying...heck i saw her drag my dd (1 at the time) around the house by dd fingers and dd was naked getting rug burn all over her little body. i said " WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!!!!!!" her response was "i didn't think i was gonna get caught" dead serious. those were the ONLY words out of her mouth!
her mom is the skeeziest person in the world! she is trash! she's admittedly told us how she's the worst mother and shouldn't be allowed to have kids, but wants her paycheck and something to control!!
so how do i gently tell dh we shouldn't get sd at all? hes FINALLY seeing things a little more clearly, but of course it's his daughter so he loves her....

hismineandours's picture

Can someone at least try and get the kid some help? Trust me, I know all about "evil" stepkids, but at least we tried everything we can think of to help our evil one. A psychiatrist, therapist, meds, etc? Please do something before writing her off as a serial killer.

Buzybee82's picture

first off I'm not writing her off as a serial killer... second we have/are. she has weekly counseling and is on meds.

oncechoosetosmile's picture

Hugs buzzy, I kind of expected her to become really worse once your baby was born.Some kids behave like this for the attention- as I assume that DH overloaded her with attention all her life she can't cope very well if it is not about her ALL the time, there you go.....Maybe there is something seriously wrong with her- I kind of suspect it from what you write.Sadly mum and dad both have custody so the call for BM to the rescue may not always work on his care days, although it would be nice:)) I still think that your SO and BM are the root for the troubling behaviour.
I think I would try to disengage at this point- if DH is NOT around you tell him you can't look after SD- vacation , before or after school care should be his choices.When he is around try to stay away from the scenario as much as you can.After all you have a new baby and a toddler- this is where your energy should go.xx

Buzybee82's picture

much to my surprise dh has come to his senses!!! he sat sd down and had a long talk with all of us there! he told sd she WILL respect me and if she doesn't she will have severe punishments. if she doesn't do what she's told, throws a fit, whines, tells our dd2 what to do, acts bad, anything she will instantly be punished. he told sd her days of treating me bad are over!!! that he was totally wrong to let her disrespect me. it's amazing! he has finally figured it out!!! i couldn't be happier! sd here. i flat out told dh i didn't want to see her and my instinct is to take the kids and leave when she's here, but since he's come around and put sd in her place things are way better!!!

Buzybee82's picture

i know right?! I've been saying this for 7 years!!! it took one absolutely miserable humiliating weekend trip with our families for him to get it... plus i think having a new baby and a two year old he's realizing it can't always be all about sd. I'm so happy!!! life used to be miserable, for YEARS i dreaded every other weekend!!! plus it's nice to hear him say he was wrong Smile we'll see! after our week from hell he made bm get sd during his vacation time...sd called and said she doesn't want to come over any more cuz she doesn't think daddy has time for her now.... he called her on her bs and said nope, you just don't like that I'm punishing you now! its not all about you,i have a family! yeaaaa GO DH!

luchay's picture

Oh that is so great that he has seen the light!!

I really hope he sticks with it, and you get the peace and respect you deserve for yourself and your little ones.

Congrats on the baby BTW Smile

oncechoosetosmile's picture

Buzy that is great, but be a bit careful in being too enthusiastic.It may be the first babystep in the right direction , but even if it is moving the right way it can be like 2 steps forward, one step back, so keep your guards up for a bit more and enjoy those little successes!