You are here

How to handle psycho BM

christinen's picture

Does anything actually work to stop the BM madness? She is threatening to take DH to court for custody of SD3 (they already have joint custody and he has SD every other week for the full week, so 50% of the time). The state we live in tends to side with the mother but BM is just a complete loser so they would be crazy to give her full custody. She lives with her mother, no job, no education, on drugs, whole family is a bunch of wackjobs, she gets food stamps for the kid but refuses to give any to DH (we don't really need it, but it is his kid too & we know she is not spending all that $ on 1 3 year old!) because she says she is not going to "feed me." I have a good job and so does DH, we don't need her to "feed us", it would only be used for the kid, plus it's just the principle. BM lives about 2 hours away from us & yesterday she said if DH wanted her to come drop the kid off (it was their day to switch) he had to PAY her (DH had to work late so he didn't think it was that big of a deal, he drives down there all the time.) She physically threates me (not to my face, of course, but she tells people she's going to "beat my a$$" & she told my on facebook she is going to beat me so bad DH won't recognize me. Of course I printed out the convo so I can take it to court if need be. Any advice on how to handle such a lunatic BM?

skylarksms's picture

I think you are on the right track with the documentation. Usually psycho BMs will hang themselves, given enough rope.

One thing I do disagree with is her giving you guys food stamps, even if you do only spend it on food for the little guy. Because giving someone else food stamps would be fraud. I wouldn't bring anything like that up in court.

I do think, however, that going to court may be a chance for your DH to get more things hammered out (i.e., each parent providing for 1/2 the transportation, etc.)