You are here

Help me figure out these "new" emotions, please?

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

After having the fight of the century with DH over the weekend about this pregnancy and the fact that there is zero room in this home and zero money to move right now,( thanks to spose support, I mean "child" support...) I think my hormones must be blazing... :?

We have decided to have the baby. I can't have the "A." done, I just can't do it. Anyways, this past weekend has set off some pretty intense emotions in me, be it hormones, nature or what.

Honesty time, and please be considerate and consider "nature." Smile

Why is it when SD6 is here, taking up all of the room with a gazillion toys and needing "daddy" to pick food up off of her after eating and having to show her STILL how to use eating utensils, bathing, not letting your nose run green snot on your face, :O (that the school has been sending notes home about)-(how can she not realize these things?) and seeing "daddy" kissy -kiss all weekend, that I am a raging, resentful bitch lately? I feel like when she is here, that my maternal space is being invaded on and that no attention is going to me or this pregnancy? It feels, to say the least, unnatural for another woman's child to be in your maternal nest while you are expecting. I do not despise SD6 but feel very negative, invaded, and irritated as hell watching this for days. I jumped DH's shit last night! I said to him after he put princess to bed and asked me at 8pm to "be quiet"...

"What!!!!!! Fine! When you and your royal princess are here from now on, me and baby will just go away for the weekends to a hotel room until I get the "all clear" from you to come back home, that way you two can have allllll the time and space you need!" }:) }:) }:) Can you say, "raging hormones?" My MIL (the live one, not the one that pissed me off and died 4 days later) actually told me to put the crib in a closet?!

Has anybody else been through this while pregnant? Is it just nature to feel these things? I feel like a mama bird here with an egg, without a nest to lay it in with another chick and its mom flying over and stepping on my straw! :O

Thanks in advance. You guys are the best!

Maux,

I did not feel like this with my firstborn? Then again, I did not have others coming and going in my home nor an ex harrasing us at that time...

I can't "stomach" DH's so-called "parenting." I yelled at him, "IF YOU think that this baby will be a "baby" for 6 plus years, you are sadly mistaken." I did not raise my 1st like that!

Bleh!!!!

(nearest relative to me is 3 states away)

I hear you, Maux. Even though I was a "teen" still and in college, pregnant and mortified, it was not as nuts as this.

Now I know why women elect to have babies and stay single now. :O I don't blame them. Alternative? How about being a SM and wife to a 6 year old baby while pregnant.

Furthermore, if SD6 even dares to taunt this baby the way she does the cat and dog while dad is not looking, no doubt...

Of course DumbDH thinks that she is just "playing." How cute, jumping on a dog's back and dropping things on a small kitten...just "playin'." :O

SusiQ's picture

I'd send them off for the weekend and you and the baby stay home! I would so smack my DH is he told me to be quiet at skids bedtime!

Well, I agree. I need a nursery though for this baby. I can't have loud kids running and playing in the same bedroom while trying to let a baby sleep. I'm thinking at the very least about buying a sleeper sofa for SD6 visits which are ONLY every other weekend (EOWE???) Why does a kid who is hardly here need an entire bedroom to herself when she had her own nursery? No.

I think at 7 years old and only here 6 nights a month that this idea will do for now. Am I wrong?

SD6 = TWO bedrooms
Baby= None? (how fair)

Wait until I start throwing crap out. Two choices DH; move us like you did your "other" family so graciously in a larger home or buy a sleeper sofa or...visit somewhere else.

overit2's picture

HOw does she get two rooms? If you have three bedrooms, you and H in one, baby in one, her in one? Or, if you use the third as guestroom/office then sleeper sofa/futon it is for the SS that visits EOW.

That kid sounds very immature, emotionally underdeveloped for the age...my kids knew much younger then that how to handle pets. My youngest can't even stomach me killing an ant in the house...or swiping down a hornets nest around my front door lol.

Luckily my bf's D loves animals also..and is super sweet to mine. Yesterday the found a dead blue jay and she insisted she should at least bury it properly lol.

Let me clarify-
SD6-Two bedrooms= 1 here and 1 at BM's
Baby= Zero bedroom (no)

She is very immature and I dread having my child around this type of child who took after her mom to a tee. IQ and all. I love her, but not her lack of manners and entitlement.

I have a BK who is the same as your child. Could not harm a flea and was very self sufficent by 5 years old even. Luckily, these genetic traits are not from DH. (that worried me) yet continuing to treat a child of this age like a baby still is doing neither one of them any good.

keepinit2gether's picture

make sure when baby arrives dh goes to court and gets support dropped. It does count as a dependent and it will go down.